Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2015, 11:44 PM
Senior Chief

Default Better stronger blower motor for factory a/c cars

As anyone with a factory a/c gto knows ,& will agree , the factory blower motors do not push out a lot of air ( compared to today's cars), the only thing I have been frustrated with on my a/c sys. Was the lack of air it blows out the vents!!!What I have seen on other forums , that most new blower motor upgrades required a lot on modifying to the original air box , which I didn't want to do, I found that the 1993-02 Dodge Ram truck blower motors with its squirrel cage, will fit without any modifications to the airbox, besides drilling 3 new mounting holes ( or as I'm doing, make a adapter ring that will bolt to the original air box holes & have 3 studs welded to ring to mount the blower motor, I will try to finish the adapter tomorrow & install it, & give a complete update! ( but running the original blower & then the dodge blower in the loose air box, the dodge blower blew 40-50% more Air Force, which Will inturn help cool the cars down fast , by recirculating the air quicker!!!
When done, I'll drive it, & let u guys know how much of a improvement , or not... I get!!