Pontiac - Race The next Level

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-13-2003, 05:24 AM
On Vacation

Engo, Joe Allan is correct. He stated at the flywheel HP and that is what it would take.

Tiki, not mellowed, just tired of all the BS. I have a car that weighs the same, with E-heads, 14:1, a comprable roller, a Wilson Manifolds ported Victor and I'm just .10 faster with 1 less MPH? I'm sure every clown will use this as an excuse to try to tell me that I can't tune, but that's a joke. Only thing I need sorted out is my chassis, and even then, I'm not sure my motor will be making 700HP. The last time I ran, the corrected altitude was 1000'. Perhaps I could squeak out 1 more MPH, but I have the hardware for it.

Either those "D-ports" have been so extensively modified that they aren't D-ports anymore (same with the intake) or the nitrous system was activated and he's full of it.

Look at it this way:

Very few people are making a true 700+ HP with D-ports. I will use two people as an example. Jim Zeek and Joe Zajack. I appologize if I got the names mis-spelled.

Now, I have heard both of those cars run. Neither one could be considered anywhere near "street" motors. Too much compression, too much cam.

On top of that, Joe uses a dual quad bathtub intake that has been extensively modified and I am 100% sure that Jim's intake is a little more "severe" than an RPM.

On top of that, I would bet real money that both sets of "D-port" heads that are on the motors I was previously speaking about are so modified, that they are no longer D-ports, except on the outside.

This guy is from Maryland. That's on the same coast as me, last time I checked. There are a few tracks that are close to sea level, so I'm sure that at this time of year, everyone is running their best, just as I am. But still....

Think about it guys, something is wrong here.

I'm like heaven, everybody wanna get to me.........