Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 03-23-2015, 10:36 AM
Senior Chief

link to cut outs on a gto:

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=685764

btw I have mine wired to my cig lighter which is a dummy. the dash looks stock, no wires dangling. Push cig lighter (actually pull down on it to open, up to close).

use the oval cut outs if you get them, better ground clearance, and a new seal design that doesnt leak

Old 03-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogeo View Post
link to cut outs on a gto:
btw I have mine wired to my cig lighter which is a dummy. the dash looks stock, no wires dangling. Push cig lighter (actually pull down on it to open, up to close).

use the oval cut outs if you get them, better ground clearance, and a new seal design that doesnt leak
I asked about the oval ones. How hard was it to wire it up to that?

Old 03-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Senior Chief

EZ to wire!

I replaced their momentary rocker switch with a momentary toggel switch from RadioShack. I just unsoldered the wires from their switch and soldered them exactly the same to the new switch. Wired it (with a fuse) to the block as advised by the directions included in the kit from DMH. I used the Radio shack toggel becuase of the plastic toggle part. I put that in where the cig lighter would go. Bought a new cig nigher knob and with a little fabrication using an exacto knife, pressed the knob over the toggle. Looks like a factory cig lighter.
only better

Old 03-23-2015, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Security feature, Now there's something I never thought of, LOL. I have dougs (gilliteen type) cutouts on my 64, they do take up more room than the butterfly type. So far so good, but only 1 year since install. Keep them well lubed.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:29 PM

BadlanzHPE Elec. Cutouts 3.0 INCH S 5 YEAR WARRANTY! USA made

Old 04-02-2015, 12:02 PM
Senior Chief

wacker- did you pull the trigger on the cut outs?

I have been trying to post attatchements for pics but I am unable. Maybe its my browser, or the pics are too big of a file? I dont know. Sorry

Old 04-02-2015, 01:46 PM

Gotta get my engine built first then will buy these. Also we were emailing back and forth then he never emailed me back.