Old 09-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Good job!
Read thread from beginning, looked like a scrapper for a while, whew!!!
Looking forward to more installments!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 09-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to 3 Deuce 64

I took it off the jack stands last week after 10 months . I had to work on the 64 it devolved a low end knock and the clutch started to hang up. I dropped the transmission and bell .What I found was for some unknow reason the flywheel bolts had loosened up one had backed out to the point it was catching in the clutch disc. Checked the bolts for wear didn't seen any so retorqued them new clutch and pressure plate and off to the weekend cruise ins . Then the lights decided to act up . Murphy's been on triple over time at our house the year . I just got the motor the motor home back up after three weeks of screwing around because an idiot that put the new rotors on didn't bend over the tab on the lock ring . I ended up twisting off an axle and egg shaping the axle tube . That resulted in having to swap out the whole rear , now that was a nightmare but I was furtunate enough to find one with the same gear ratio . took it for a drive last Wednesday still have a couple bugs to work out recheck all the bolts to make sure they're tight . I'm really thankful for carclub friends who helped me change it . Things like this is why the Bonneville has been neglected , but I did drive it up and down the driveway on its own power and stopped it too . First time that I know of that it was actually driven sine 92 when is parked in the former owners back yard. I would have driven down the road , it is registered and insured , but I haven't flushed the gas tank yet and made new gas lines it's currently running off a gallon jug under the hood so about three trips up the driveway around the upper front yard I have to fill up again .

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but
they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a
status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,
which would include their own government." — George Washington

Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Can you tell how bad the gas tank is???

Some liquid dish soap and the pressure washer at the car wash might do what's needed, been there...

I was astounded at how clean the engine was, cylinders looked like new!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 09-24-2014, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had syphoned the old gas out at one point then I ran a hose from the fuel pump to a 5 gallon tank. Man did it suck that 5 gallons dry fast . It wasn't until the second 5 gallon can that the lights came on , duh this has a return line and I just put 10 gallons of new gas back in the tank . I syphoned some of that back out and it was pretty nasty looking so I really need to drop the tank and clean it out . I've got a pressure washer here so once the tank is out I can pull the sending unit and spray it down . On the motor I to was really amazed on how clean it was inside . There was absolutely no sludge in the valley or around the valve springs and no ridge on the top of the cylinders . the previous owner said he was religious about changing the oil every 3K . One thing was evident though with all the carbon build up he didn't run high octane fuel . We took the car out for a drive up the road last night . My in-laws live a mile from us so my son and I took it up to their house and back . The car is very tight and rides nice . we did blow a little dust out of the exhaust now its sputtering a little . I found a dual exhaust set up for it so I'll hopefully be changing that out at some point .

Old 09-25-2014, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I found a 70 Bonneville in a salvage yard in e the sticks, here in Oklahoma. They have older stuff. They won't part out older cars that are complete, I understand...Not a lot of desirable cars, but they have this 70 Bonne, 4 door I want (for the engine, trans), it got smacked pretty hard in the rear, has 80,000 on it, other than that, not bad. They want $1500.00 for whole car...just not something I can handle $$$ wise right now... The longer it sits, the less likely someone will want it... who knows

Again, good job on the rust repairs. Not something I could do easily. I have a couple of friends though that can do anything...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 09-26-2014, 09:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the trunk lid on that car any good , if it is maybe I could help offset the price some . I did another clean up on the interior today . Came up pretty nice , now I have to do the rubber seals . They should come back as well. This is no concourse project just bringing it back for a nice driver, leaving it as original as possible . Took it for another short ride today got into the 4V for a bit man did that blow the dust out of the muffler . She's going to be a fun ride . Now I can retire the GTOs and the Cat .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0926041532.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	377311   Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_0926041541.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	377312  

Old 10-11-2014, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Deuce 64 View Post
Is the trunk lid on that car any good , if it is maybe I could help offset the price some . I did another clean up on the interior today . Came up pretty nice , now I have to do the rubber seals . They should come back as well. This is no concourse project just bringing it back for a nice driver, leaving it as original as possible . Took it for another short ride today got into the 4V for a bit man did that blow the dust out of the muffler . She's going to be a fun ride . Now I can retire the GTOs and the Cat .
I doubt the trunk lid was usable...I am unable to financially do the deal, for who knows how long. Have not been to this yard in a couple of years..it's in the middle of no-where...

I will keep my eyes open though for a trunk lid..

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 12-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I really don't have much of an update on the Bonne other than I dropped it off at our local BOCES a couple months ago and haven't seen or heard anything about it since . Guess I should go check on it after New Years .

Old 03-17-2015, 05:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Picked up the Bonne at BOCES yesterday . In my book the kids did a fantastic job considering the frame they had to work with . To be a concourse car it really needs a frame but as I said these guys did a great job and saved me a ton of work . I could skim coat the patches and dress it up but the patches were butt welded and will be fine for a driver . Now to get the gas and brake line run and back in place and dual exhaust on

Old 05-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any new progress or pictures???

Shut it off
Shut it off
Old 06-11-2015, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

not too much had some bad days physically but I do have the windshield out it developed a crack from one pillar to the other . I have the glass bought new pillar seals stainless is buffed ( that took a few hours ) windshield frame is all cleaned just needs to be put back in. I haven't done the exhaust yet but now have all the clamps hangers and so on . just picked up 25 feet of tubing to run the return fuel line . On my good days I've been mowing grass and trying to get some household chores done. I spent a day detailing the interior out it was an absolute mess from sitting in the body shop for 6 months with the top down .

Old 06-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If you ever do want to replace the frame bear in mind that all 4 door hard tops (not post cars) of that era big cars use the identical frame (boxed) of that on convertibles.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 06-12-2015, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

really ? then I blew it in more ways then one but I never thought I would find another one in my neighborhood , http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=665102

Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

cleaned up and waiting for the new windshield . It was put in today waiting overnight tomorrow I will put the stainless back on .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN1662 - Copy.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	400329  

Old 06-12-2015, 11:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yeah, 4 door hardtop used the same boxed frame as the convertible. Same situation with the A bodies except the convertible was on a different wheelbase than the 4 doors.

It's always worth peeking under sedans and coupes because the boxed frame was optional on these other body styles.

1969 LeMans Safari 2 seat Wagon
1969 GTO (2 Cvt, 2 Hardtops & Judge Hardtop)
1969 Catalina (3 Cvt’s & a 2dr hardtop)
1969 Ventura 2 Seat Wagon
1969 Executive 4dr Sedan
1969 Bonnie Cvt
1969 Bonnie 3 Seat Wagon (2 of them)
1969 Bonnie Brougham (4dr Hardtop & Cvt)
1969 Grand Prix SJ (2 of them)
1969 2+2 2dr Hardtop (Canadian model)
Old 08-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I took the Booneville to a local AACA show today it got a lot of attention . I really need to find a gas tank though , even though I flushed the tank several times with a pressure I plugged the inline filters I put in .
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN0472 - Copy.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	405569  

Old 08-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via ICQ to David Brown

These cars usually get a lot of attention, because they are so rarely seen. I put mine in Hershey 5 years in a row, and it was great and I too got a lot of attention. Nice driver, isn't it?

Old 08-17-2015, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like driving my 64 Catalina but this is a whole different car . Rides like the last rear wheel drive Park Ave with the 455 before they went front wheel . I've got to get the fuel issue resolved so I can enjoy the old girl . I just have to have patience and work through it .

Old 08-17-2015, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry, don't know much about these cars but are the tanks not available? Any different from a Chevy tank?

Old 08-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to several places today Chevy tank is available but different or so I was told .