Old 04-26-2017, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I found the Ram IV engine in a 69 Firebird that I bought in 1985 or 1986. The seller said the engine was already in the car when he bought it. He told me the engine was out of a 69 Judge that was badly damaged in an accident. It had hit a pole or tree and mangled the rear quarter. Rather than try to fix the Judge, the previous owner bought a 69 Firebird 4-spd and swapped the drivetrain in. The person I bought the Firebird from had owned it for probably 4 - 5 years, and he didn't know when the original accident occurred that wiped out the Judge.

I pulled the VIN off the block and sent off for PHS, and received the build sheet. I also had a local policeman run the VIN of the Judge to see if the previous owner was listed, but it didn't show up on NC DMV computers. My best guess is the Judge was wrecked some time before 1980, otherwise it would have still shown up on DMV computers.

So I'm pretty sure the original Judge no longer exists. Incidentally, I picked up a WW out of a 70 T/A during that same time and tried to find what was left of that car, came up empty on that as well.