Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"It's been a year since Larry passed (June 15th). June 21st marks the anniversary of his funeral...same day as my birthday."

Yep, the board Has Not been the same since,IMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you guys all donate to the cause I'll put an A/C unit on the car trailer and we can all sleep inside nice and cool. Well about 12 of us if we sleep on our backs. If we sleep on our sides we can sleep about 24. If Baker wants to sleep over then 22.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupergasDil
If you guys all donate to the cause I'll put an A/C unit on the car trailer and we can all sleep inside nice and cool. Well about 12 of us if we sleep on our backs. If we sleep on our sides we can sleep about 24. If Baker wants to sleep over then 22.
Sounds like the makings of a Greek orgy...I'll pass.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
And we all know who'd be the one to start it! Aint that right Bud?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Senior Chief

one thing not mentioned is that there is no power in the middle of the lot. only power on the fences. power and hot asphalt is a small sacrafice for a national event which is next weekend.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 PM
Senior Chief

Ya, I was out there a few weeks ago running Outlaw Street and it was 85 out and it felt hottttt on the blacktop...If your thinking about camping out...think again...there is nowhere to pitch a tent...unless theyīll let you set up camp on the vendors side. Nice track but not for us weekend goers trying to save a buck who dont have the big RVs.

Old 06-21-2007, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to David Holmberg

The first middle island had power before, did they remove that with the paving?

Old 06-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker
Yea, I heard you had enough of that in the Hot Tub at the Motel.

Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Default Norwalk

When I drove by Norwalk on my way to KRE there was no outlets in the middle just by the fences by the road and strip.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I talked to Pete and Andi Woodruff last month and they said it's possible they will add outlets on the light poles that run down the middle. It didn't sound definite and even if they do, not sure it will be done in time for our event.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Senior Chief

hey flying79bird, what car was your's? i ran it too but was in the lower bracket? did you do good?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:21 AM
Senior Chief

MBR...I ran a few time trials and I was having trouble with my NOS system...plus w it being hot the motor didnt want to run so well...I made a few motor passes at 9.8īs...I took it back out a few weeks ago and got the bugs worked out and ran 8.87@151...do you remember Bill Lutzīs camaro? thats one bad ass car 7.03 in the heat...noone can touch that car that i know of locally to give him some competition.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 AM
Senior Chief

lutz's car is "street legal" also. bunch of bs. there is suppose to be a chevelle coming either tonight or next time out who is making more power than lutz.. this is according to the guys at akron high performance who wrote the computer programs and dyno'd both cars. what car was yours last week? if u come out tonight swing by. i got the orange 76 firebird. hopefully back in the eights tonight- thats if the bearings stay in it!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Suspended

That sucks they ruined the pits. So much for being anything but boiled bbq after a day there now.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:30 AM
Senior Chief

MBR...I know the guy w the chevelle..its a red 65...its a twin turbo bigblock...my buddy Ross...car dynoed over 2800hp w 33x10.5īs..he has major traction issues...he needs to do some chassis tuning...I wont be there tonight because Im in Spain on vacation...I know your car...I have the baby blue 79 TA w the 5" cowl hood on it...you need some chassis work on your car...it looks scary going down the track when you hit the juice...good luck tonight!

Old 06-23-2007, 10:34 AM
Boost Engineer

Quote:

"That sucks they ruined the pits. So much for being anything but boiled bbq after a day there now."

There are ways to have a nice surface and not have the surface become a "heat sink" from the sun BUT it would require the pit to be painted with a mild green type paint to reflect the sun's rays vs absorb them. Funny how GRASS does that naturally. Rocks just keep you from being stuck.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I won't miss the rocks and dust, but it will be hot! Camping on the pit side will be interesting...It would be nice to have a camp fire.

Pavement and grass/gravel both have drawbacks. I'm just happy we are still racing there.

9.81 @ 136.39MPH
Old 06-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Suspended

Default Norwalk

It's nice to get rid of the (golf ball size) rocks, mud and dust. The uneven transition made it difficult for some of the lower sitting chassis cars to get from the grass/dirt/rocks to the asphalt without dragging. The down side of the new ashphalt is the heat from a HOT sunny day.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:02 PM
Boost Engineer

"It's nice to get rid of the (golf ball size) rocks, mud and dust. The uneven transition made it difficult for some of the lower sitting chassis cars to get from the grass/dirt/rocks to the asphalt without dragging."

Those rocks never really bothered you, George, as you were always 2 feet up on the trailer. All kidding aside, George, I hope you are well, have missed you posting, and hope that you will run some good times this year with your car. You should have little competition as Lil Jack is changing diapers, Ray is no longer with us on the board, and Kenny probably will not be showing up as he is still busy on his business, etc.

Hope to see you there.

Tom V.