Ames Customer Satisfaction Forum Post a 'current' compliment, suggestion or issue with regard to an Ames service or product.

Old 09-04-2014, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytrainer View Post
Might I suggest attending the PY Open House in June. My son and I have attended the last 3 years. That is where you can see first hand how PY really cares about the hobby (also maintaining this Forum). Sure, it's a business, but there's real good caring folks steering the ship IMO.
Most folks who buy stuff online can be spoiled by the big corp. e-tail sites but PY just requires a bit more effort for just as satisfying a buying experience.
(Tshirt size is XXXL btw lol)

Would really love to, BUT there are no appearances down here in the deep South.
Other than this forum, which we DO greatly appreciate!

Old 09-04-2014, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure many here...possibly ALL here, would love to visit PY. I know I would but from Georgia, it's a bit of a haul.

Old 09-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Well Boudreau, you beat me to it.

Old 09-04-2014, 06:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've never been thrilled with the online ordering experience from PY, but every time I've had a problem I've been fortunate enough to get someone on the phone or email who helped out and fixed it right away. I agree some changes would definitely help improve the site, but more than realistic on the cost and effort involved with such changes so I don't expect it to happen right away or anything.

My big reason for liking to search part descriptions is sometimes items are online that aren't necessarily in the catalog or easily found and as Greg, I'm an impulse buyer that will toss 5 or 6 $5-10 items I need in an order because "oh! I'll use that eventually!" and it saves on shipping.

Which is funny, because the "other guys" experience has always been stellar online ordering and somewhat iffy if I have to call or email (things get resolved, but it's not exactly service with a smile). Kind of amusing to think about really.

Old 09-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Well Boudreau, you beat me to it.
At least you didn't call me Thibodeaux!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I couldn't spell it Charles.

Old 09-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Senior Chief

I really enjoy reading the forums provided by PY. Thank for that. But in sales, if you don't take care of the customer, someone else will. Interaction with a customer in person or online needs to be easy and seamless.

Old 09-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's something maybe someone could help me with...I need the little rubber seatback bumpers that screw to the seatbottoms. I have no idea what the proper name is and don't know the number.
Someone with a catalog want to help me out? Console lid too, although I could probably find that one myself...

Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Reid View Post
Here's something maybe someone could help me with...I need the little rubber seatback bumpers that screw to the seatbottoms. I have no idea what the proper name is and don't know the number.
Someone with a catalog want to help me out? Console lid too, although I could probably find that one myself...
Seat bottom bumper.

Console bumper.

Last edited by Held for Ransom; 09-07-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks HFR. I'll be sure to get a catalog sent with this order.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:26 PM
Senior Chief

I don't think I have ever had a problem ordering parts online from PY, or AMES. Sometimes it a little hard finding parts at times, but if you think first.

Old 09-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I guess I'm old school. I much rather call and order by phone just to make sure I'm not screwing something up. Every time I've called PY for a parts order (many of them over the years), I've never once had any issues with whomever I talked too. Friendly, hopeful, informative, and honest, thats what makes customer service. And when there has been issue with an order, its nice to know you can get immediate help rather than trying to email or call other vendors.
I even still call Summit when I need something because I'm just not a big fan of online ordering. I need to hear a voice.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Senior Chief

Default Problem With Ordering On PY Website

I really like ordering online but the PY website will not let me. I can log on with my user name and password, find what I'm looking for but can't complete the order. Logged on there is no "Add to Cart" type of message, and there appears to be no way to purchase any item.
This is the only place that I have ordering difficulty with.

Funny thing is that I can log on and order on the G8GTOTA site! No problems at all. I don't know if it's a different system or what.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Pypes Staff - Tech

67TIGER: when this happens it's probably something not setup in your main account. Send me an e-mail mikes@performanceyears.com with your info and I'll look into it. GP Mike

Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't venture into this part of the forums often, so it's ironic that tonight is the first time I've seen this topic. The reason it's ironic is because last night I spent a couple of hours searching for parts on here. After fighting the default "item number" and "catagories" option I was able to confirm availability on about 45 of the 70 parts I would have ordered, all for a '68 Firebird. It was late, and I called it quits at that point.
Yes, if I had a catalog on hand it would have been a little easier. But being able to lock in a chosen setting would have been outstanding. However, no matter how I typed in an item name, there were some that were dead ends. Obviously the reason is I'm just too stupid.
In the end, I e-mailed Mike last night to let him know I would have a large order today. Before 8 A.M. he had replied he was in and ready to take the order.
Later this morning I e-mailed my list of part numbers to Mike. He called to clarify two numbers I had copied wrong. We got that straight and he took care of the rest. The only item listed in stock that actually was not is a hood tach, so I think the site information was still pretty accurate. Sadly, the tach is a part I need sooner than the rest, Murphy's Law.
Two points I would like to make.
First, recently I have dealt with Mike on some orders and found him to be extremely helpful and on his game. On a large order, I would rather give up the two per cent in exchange for the personal service like I got today.
My second point would be about the response to the customer concerns voiced here regarding online ordering. But I will stop here instead.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I want to clarify something that I typed in my post above.
There were several things on my list that I did not locate, I don't mean to imply I can't find 25 items. I just simply quit because of the time required.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400 4spd. View Post
I want to clarify something that I typed in my post above.
There were several things on my list that I did not locate, I don't mean to imply I can't find 25 items. I just simply quit because of the time required.
You sir are probably the most patient person in the world. Shopping for 70 parts on any automotive shopping cart without part numbers is a monumental task! My compliments for not waking up the next day and sending us a letter bomb. :)

Old 09-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default User login

While the online catalogue isn't the easiest to find things in, I was able to find all of the stuff I was looking for but was not able to order it! I guess my PY Forums login is not the one I needed to order stuff. No matter what I did I could not get it to work. This was on a Sunday so I couldn't call up to get help. I gave up and still have not ordered anything. Funny thing is I have ordered in the past so not sure why I couldn't get a login to work....
If someone can send me some info on my login that would be great.
rdmaclaren@hotmail.com
Of course it's Sunday again.......the only time I have time to do this.

Rob...

Just noticed the "forgot user name or password" on the login screen so sent a request for mine. TY

Last edited by misterp266; 09-14-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterp266 View Post
While the online catalogue isn't the easiest to find things in, I was able to find all of the stuff I was looking for but was not able to order it! I guess my PY Forums login is not the one I needed to order stuff. No matter what I did I could not get it to work. This was on a Sunday so I couldn't call up to get help. I gave up and still have not ordered anything. Funny thing is I have ordered in the past so not sure why I couldn't get a login to work....
If someone can send me some info on my login that would be great.
rdmaclaren@hotmail.com
Of course it's Sunday again.......the only time I have time to do this.

Rob...

Just noticed the "forgot user name or password" on the login screen so sent a request for mine. TY
Rob, Username and password for online ordering is different than PY Forums login. Sorry. I'll send you an e-mail in a minute just in case it didn't come over to you automatically.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:33 AM

We SHOULD be able to order without creating an account, especially if you're using Paypal (which automatically provides your shipping address, etc to the vendor).