Old 05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow cool history and good for you to jump all over that ad....... Nice to hear a story where it pays to be in the biz so to speak with all the doom and gloom you guys have been faced with over the last couple of years.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing that story with us. Not very many people can say they bought a rare '73 SD at 1:30am in the middle of the night. What a dream come true.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unreal! A legend surfaces! I've heard storys of this SD for years, since I live nearby in western WA. But having never seen the car in person, figured it was just one of those "urban legends baloney storys".
One of the storys attached to it, but apparently untrue, is that it got a couple bullet holes shot in it as Satiacum was making a quick get-away from the police. Or, maybe they are there under the Bondo somewhere. Let us know if they turn up.

Old 05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats!
Look forward in seeing some pictures and hearing more what you find as you go through the car.
Keep the story going.......and thanks for sharing!
Enjoy, Brew

Old 05-29-2009, 06:01 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Fired it up today!

I bought the car at 1 in the morning and only put a jump box on it to make sure the motor would turn over. The car had not run since 91 when they backed into a pole. While trying to get it unstuck they put a crease in the oil pan and it started to leak, so it was never driven again.

Well I am a JB certified weld tech! Plugged the crease, changed the fluids and it fired right up! No knocks or rattles 37 lbs. at 950 rpm idle, blip the throttle right up to 70 lbs. I took it for a drive amazing the motor ran perfect, the tranny shifted where it should, the rear hooked up. At 15 mph stab it, layed dual patches of rubber, steering tight, no squeaks or rattles, brakes are all there, doesn't even pull!

Here's what I got for matching numbers so far, block, heads, intake, cast iron headers, air cleaner/ shaker ass., radaitor, fan, alty, trans, rear end, missing carb, pvc, exhaust shrouds, carb soleniod, exhaust/mufflers, have not checked water pump, drums, rotors, ball joints, etc.

What works, clock, radio am fm, 8 track this was a suprise! oil pressure, amp, tach, dome light,temp,wipers, dimmer switch, horn, not working, gas gauge, windshield squiters,rear defogg, lights i can't tell yet since the back half of the is apart. PHS in a few days! Amazing how everything works so well. I would rather be lucky than good, good gets a hard days work earned, when your lucky it seems like the sky is the limit. But most of the time I will work at trying to be good!

Next step pull the motor and replace the oil pan, clean and paint everything I can. At this point not going concours, car biz is ok for me, I am eating beans not steak, selling a few things to adjust for the 25k spent. Make my wife happy, besides she's right anyway and I know she doesn't read this so I can at least admit it to someone! Dam it I hate when that happens! Rich

Old 05-29-2009, 06:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Swiss cheese

Eventually I will strip the car down to bare metal, It has lots of paint work over the years, maybe I will find a new meaning for a modern day Swiss cheese superduty LOL!

Old 05-29-2009, 06:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, that is a cool history.

Thanks for the update.

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Suspended

Incredible find.....I'm excited FOR you. LOL. This is a story you'll enjoy telling for the rest of your life. Please keep us informed and show us some more pics as you go through it. I have a lot of history on my car, even though its not quite as exciting as yours. I plan to put a story board up next to the car when at cruise night gatherings showing the car with its former owners when they were younger, and a bit of their story, as well as how I found it.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cool story..........congrats!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Very good story. Congrats on the find. One for the history books.
Jim

Old 06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Stuff legends are made of..............damn!
Congrats.

1968 442-gone but not forgotten
"Oh,you can think about it,.....but don't do it!"
Sheriff Bufford T.Justice
Old 03-29-2022, 07:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Richard, any updates?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 04-05-2022, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a cool story of a Judge that Richard bought some time back from Mike Johnson of Yakima. I get a call from Mike every once in a while.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...iac-gto-judge/