Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ventura7211 View Post
Nice looking head Lil Jack, hopefully all the issues with the DRCE and nitrous has been addressed, some versions of the DRCE/Big Chief suck for nitrous use.
Yes we are aware of that and made some changes for a happier nitrous head.

GLTTFMF!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck with the new CV-3 combo LIL JACK!

“It’s the process it takes to get to goals that sets us apart, the execution on every single play, one play,one life”
Notre Dame Head Coach Marcus Freeman

69 GTO NHRA Super Street Car
2860lbs 10.82@159.91 in Joliet May 2024 ….157.56 MPH in Gainesville in March ‘23
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to S/st 54 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good luck with it jack. It's not going to be easy. But it has the potential to be kinda fast lol.

Don Dial Race Cars
The Following User Says Thank You to BrandX For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2013, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandX View Post
Good luck with it jack. It's not going to be easy. But it has the potential to be kinda fast lol.
Thanks. Same to you.

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 12-15-2013, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
so what are you saying?? you scared??

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kinsler View Post
so what are you saying?? you scared??
I saw somewhere Brand X went into the 4's coasting don't think he is to scared.
Turbocharged Pontiac's to the front!!!

Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post

NOT ONE of us have dissed this billet head or Vizner for that matter and you come in here with bull crap like this.

I posted "I fixed it for you Calvin. (vs your CVPSHTTRMF head)"

I'm sure Jack expects a little payback after tellin us for years there was nothing Pontiac about the CV's and EHTTFMF...
CV POWER "STREET" HEAD TO THE REAR MF

You guys have been calling it a STREET head for quite a few posts now Bruce (when it did not make the power you guys wanted.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by v869tr6 View Post
I saw somewhere Brand X went into the 4's coasting don't think he is to scared.
Turbocharged Pontiac's to the front!!!
V8,

I think he was just busting his balls that's all.

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 12-16-2013, 12:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Did Bill put Dick Fultons motor together?
NO... Bill specializes in port development. Dick has someone else... His E-head package (that was done by your guy) ran fine... made 60 more hp BEFORE your guy did the upgrade to his own previous work... Your guy couldnt resolve that and Dicks shop ended up fixing things that werent wrong before being sent off to your guy..... Aint none of us perfect...

Quote:
I don't really recall me saying to much about CV1s not looking like a Pontiac, just that they wouldn't run.
You did enough of the wouldnt run stuff for sure... Perhaps I've put guilt by association ahead of facts on the "looking like" statement.

Again good luck with your program.... As much $$$$$$ as your committing to this I'm wishing you would do an NA motor to show us what it really has... much like I wish someone would have done with the CV. PA clouds the picture.(and why I tended to get edgey when people started comparing apples to oranges on a few PA cv combos.)

And for the record myself or Bill or Jim or Calvin know the cv1 is NOT in the same league as this Vizner billet head. Just like a ported SCJ or P51 Ford or Boss9 is not in same league as the pro-stock Ford heads. CV1 was never intended to be.

So... your odds look good to be on top as Vizner has ports already proven on 400 ci austrailian pro-stocks. Again wish you were running NA...

Old 12-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad69bird View Post
V8,

I think he was just busting his balls that's all.
A lot of ball busting around here, kinda silly if you ask me.
Glad all the Pontiac nuts have all the new choices.
Take a head that flows 350, push in a bit of boost and then call when all the other parts of the car are done breaking.

Last edited by v869tr6; 12-16-2013 at 12:45 AM. Reason: spelling
The Following User Says Thank You to v869tr6 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 01:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

You guys have been calling it a STREET head for quite a few posts now Bruce (when it did not make the power you guys wanted.

Tom Vaught
Was it ever said by Jim, Bill, Calvin or myself that the CV1 was a race only head?

The billet CV2 race head hasnt been run yet.

Has anyone built a well refined near max combo with CV1 yet? How many years of refinement with wideport combos???

CV1 is an alternative to a wideport with more options and capacity... CV1 Never was intended as a race only head. Mr Fultons cv1 test vs his wideports was a fair comparison... The cv1 came out ahead. I think there should be more tests... doesnt mean they will happen.

The SCJ, P51 and Boss9 Ford heads can make alot of power... each more than the other respectively but they arent in same league as the pro-stock heads are they? It even reflects in the cost. Ford gang choses what meets there needs and run it. Not very much politics or back-stabbin over cylinder heads like seen here for sure.

Visners billet pieces here should be good runners... some of Vizners ports are run on Austalian 400" pro-stocks... Should being the key word... same as the standard the CV is held to.

Old 12-16-2013, 01:29 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
So i just wasted the time to read all the posts in this thread and wanted to point out a GLARING detail to 7t2, lemans411,johnta1, and the rest of the cvwhat swinggers.....

Jack never posted a performance goal or promise....as much as you guys hate him, you just imagined he did because you KNOW he will sort it out and go fast. He also did not start the thread. Or claim any intended goal faster than 8.50 class racing. Now I'm sure we all EXPECT big things from jack and this head as well as Gaby based on past performances. WE ARE THE ONES SETTING THOSE EXPECTATIONS. Yes its more than the cv crowd that expects big performance, though they may be the only ones hoping it fails...hopefully not but I'd bet thats the case.

"someday we are gonna beat everybody, right after we find the right customer, with lots o money, and a better intake, with turbos, and bigger inches, and regular rocker arms with ...."

I'm sure jack would entertain a match race challenge for Norwalk against a cv 1 contender...

Btw the sig...
XXXXing retards love,Rob

Made it sound like retards are attracted to you. Maybe this is true...but not worth mentioning in this forum.
Lmfao! Now that's funny. Hey man I can't help who loves me... I'm a likeable guy. Usually
I was just poking fun wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Lol its only the internet guys.
Besides "its all in good fun" isn't it? I do hope these heads make huge power any Pontiac that makes big power is a plus in my book. Cvwhatever eheads kre Wenzler or billet . At least its not a BBC. I guess its not so fun when some guys are on the receiving end of the trash talk for a change lol.

67 LE MANS in pieces...
68 gto
84 grand prix twin turbo 496 pontiac 25.3 cage
The Following User Says Thank You to lemans411 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 03:16 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

Quote:
... Mini 481x makes me giggle. That would be end all badass...
And... apparently about $5,000/pair less than the Visners, according to their respective websites' pricing sheets.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans411 View Post
Lmfao! Now that's funny. Hey man I can't help who loves me... I'm a likeable guy. Usually
I was just poking fun wasn't trying to hurt anyone's feelings. Lol its only the internet guys.
Besides "its all in good fun" isn't it? I do hope these heads make huge power any Pontiac that makes big power is a plus in my book. Cvwhatever eheads kre Wenzler or billet . At least its not a BBC. I guess its not so fun when some guys are on the receiving end of the trash talk for a change lol.
I'm glad you took it the way I intended......

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I really hate some of the negative b.s. that goes on here. Does it really matter how much money someone spent on their engine?? To be honest with you there is money to be saved paying someone that is experienced at these levels of performance over tearing up the same parts getting a education. If you cannot afford it don't do it. If it makes you feel better pointing your finger at those who are trying to do something outside the box that's just sad.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If you cannot afford it don't do it. If it makes you feel better pointing your finger at those who are trying to do something outside the box that's just sad.
Here's my problem:

Most of these guys cut down the ones that are doing something 'outside of the box' and use all kinds of ways to cut them down.

Then when they do get smart and 'think outside of the box' they can't take the equivalent harassment?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
The Following User Says Thank You to johnta1 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by v869tr6 View Post
A lot of ball busting around here, kinda silly if you ask me.

Well...nobody asked you! J/K

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 12-16-2013, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I see where you are coming from John. It is sad to me though when the product is judged by who is involved with it instead of what it is. That goes on to much in all directions. I hope everyone receives time slips in 20014 that reflect their efforts and hard work!!

Old 12-16-2013, 09:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think the only way to keep someone from busting your chops would be to run 4's 1/8 or 7's 1/4, with a single 4, N/A using Iron RA IV heads on a stock 400 block using an 068 cam.

Beyond that someone will find fault with the build.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ho428 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2013, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

Tom Vaught

Actually it was the other way around to out perform the Street priced 305 to 340 cfm E-Head at a lower cost. One out of 2 isn't bad. Bwahhahahahahahaha
But................................. Not gonna go there.