Old 01-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 72

Steve did awesome job, to say the least.. car is spectacular. ...
I wish in some century, mine would emerge, from the state it's in.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Congratulations on a job well done, Greg... the car looks really fantastic!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Definitely the prettiest Trans Am I've laid my eyes on. Greg, do you know how the white front seat back panels were sourced? I need a set for mine.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Definitely the prettiest Trans Am I've laid my eyes on. Greg, do you know how the white front seat back panels were sourced? I need a set for mine.
Thank you Red Goat, roundports and ramair for the compliments.

Regarding the front seat back panels, I was very lucky and found a pair of front seats for sale here in San Antonio on Craigslist around Halloween for my 'Sister' TA. Picked them up and the seat backs were luckily in great condition. Of course, now I'm still looking for a pair for my 'Sister' car, but there's time. Try 'parts wanted' here on PY.

Old 01-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

One thing I didn't mention before is that when I was up with Steve in Lincoln on New Years weekend, we hooked up with Rocky Rotella to go to a super secret undisclosed location to shoot some pictures of Adrian (more on that when the time is right ).

We had a lot of fun that morning, and Rocky sent me a little treat today.

Also, of special interest to The Boss, TransAm1972 and Bentwheel Bob, you'll be happy to know there's a burnout included! It's at the 53 second mark.

Turn it up and Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67ziyb_2DOw

Old 01-07-2015, 11:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That's not funny. Get a mans hope up like that and then pull the football away at the last second..,

Old 01-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You drive into the trailer? Wow, we pushed Kryta's tribute Judge into the arena and out for trailer hook up.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
You drive into the trailer? Wow, we pushed Kryta's tribute Judge into the arena and out for trailer hook up.
OMG.... You mean... you actually touched the paint????? Heaven's that's hard on a car. How did y'all get the hand prints off afterwords???? I generally refrain from touching the exterior after the last polish.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

WOW - that was almost as disappointing as Mike's (Judge273) burnouts - or lack thereof.

I did like the sound of the door shutting & the exhaust on startup however - you've got the sounds just right!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 01-08-2015, 04:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back to topic...

How did you determine the stamped HO heat shield was right over the bent one?

Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default ADRIAN ON FILM

she really looks too amazing in that film clip 165TH!!??..THE SHEETMETAL/PAINT is stunning!...and yes you do as we all should tip o the hat to ADRIANS shop guys (... my hat is off to the shop and everyone who worked on 165THs car)...the work that they did is truly shown off in the clip..are you certain we are not watching scenes from 1972?....enough of me already and now you know how I really feel about her exterior body...moving on...cool choice of an extra set of wheels and I like that choice of rubber...I went with T/A Radial as a more I hope one day I actually get to drive this thing and want a modern tire...but the early version of that tire was used on a promotional white T/A and of course the TIREBIRD!.(I wish that B.F. GOODRICH would repo that tire).I got a idea from NJSTEVE that I used with one size smaller in the front for a nose spoiler sniffing the ground look!

Old 01-08-2015, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge273 View Post
Back to topic...

How did you determine the stamped HO heat shield was right over the bent one?
Mostly just that Adrian is such a late built car (March), and I had that part laying on my work bench so it was handy .

Old 01-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
Or something like this... released in 1972:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WFLUhSym80

Alan Pound of A&R Classics is a noted car restorer and hot rod builder from Emory Texas, which is where Adrian spent most of her street fighting and cow herding days. He has provided much of the historical perspective from family and friends that knew WC. I got this email from Alan yesterday and thought I would share it:

... Also yesterday while eating lunch in town one of W.C.s old friends came up to me and commented on me posting the car. He told me he had been many a mile back in the day with W.C. and that he and W.C. used to go to the surrounding towns looking for street races and usually the Trans Am would win. On one occasion he said they went to Mineola Texas and raced a 69 Roadrunner and beat it pretty good. They came back to Emory and were hanging out at Butlers (a local gas station the kids used to hang out at, long gone now). W.C. was bragging about beating the Roadrunner when Robert Robertson challenged him with his 70 1/2 Z-28. The Z was not stock by any means and had some serious rear gears. They raced out on highway 69 just past where Adrian used to set by the road. The Z-28 easily won. He said that was one of the few times he saw Adrian get beat.
He also said he remembered listening to Nazereth's Hair of the dog with W.C. and that there might have been a few burn marks in the seats. lol. It was the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG0-3xlAkg

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Adriancirca197680WCandZackc2.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	386878  

Old 01-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 165th View Post
He also said he remembered listening to Nazereth's Hair of the dog with W.C. and that there might have been a few burn marks in the seats. lol. It was the 70's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG0-3xlAkg
need more cow bell

Old 02-21-2015, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
Was going through a few photos today and came across this one. This photo is from a 70 car that belongs to a collector in the Chicago area. I think I might have thrown this out there before but has anyone ever seen a drain hose like this one? Might it be original to some cars? Can't really figure out the propose but maybe this would be correct for Greg' car. Comments please.
Norwood I'm glad you brought this up. I've been meaning to address this for my 71 and was digging around here tonight and found this post & pic you made.

This is one of those things I threw away all those years ago and replaced with some generic crap from the auto parts store. As soon as I saw the pic you posted up..I said ...that It! Lately I've been looking around on the net to see who had what. Seems most everybody in the business has the 77-81 pre-shaped hose with the brass fitting with the hose barb. That'll work, but it ain't right. The fitting was plastic originally if I remember right. Anyway, can anybody shed some light on this subject. Were the original hoses pre-shaped or not? I simply don't remember from 30+ years ago.

Eddie

Pigeon Forge, Tn. Grand Rod Run Spring 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUIuGvWWthA

http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...d%20Run%202012

Son video'd this...
http://s223.photobucket.com/user/fas...a.mp4.html?o=0
Old 02-22-2015, 10:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971455HO View Post
Norwood I'm glad you brought this up. I've been meaning to address this for my 71 and was digging around here tonight and found this post & pic you made.

This is one of those things I threw away all those years ago and replaced with some generic crap from the auto parts store. As soon as I saw the pic you posted up..I said ...that It! Lately I've been looking around on the net to see who had what. Seems most everybody in the business has the 77-81 pre-shaped hose with the brass fitting with the hose barb. That'll work, but it ain't right. The fitting was plastic originally if I remember right. Anyway, can anybody shed some light on this subject. Were the original hoses pre-shaped or not? I simply don't remember from 30+ years ago.

Eddie
I have an original shaker from a 71 TA as a spare that still has the hose in the picture. It is not pre-shaped. It's just straight hose with the lump on the end.

Old 02-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by necdb3 View Post
I have an original shaker from a 71 TA as a spare that still has the hose in the picture. It is not pre-shaped. It's just straight hose with the lump on the end.
Thanks you very much necdb3 for the picture and the information. That would be why part number FD157R $16.00(Shaker Drain Hose) from APE is a straight hose. Regretably, it doesn't have the rubber pendulum on the end, That's okay, I'm sure I can improvise.

PS.
If it were not for guys like you that have searched and kept all of these original parts, no matter the condition, we wouldn't know anything about how to restore these old cars. I'm grateful.

Thanks again sir for your help.

Eddie

Son video'd this...
Old 02-22-2015, 02:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't know what happened to my original hose, but it was on my shaker at one time. No way did if have that end on it. To replicate the clunky end just cut a piece of heater hose and glue it on. I am the supplier of the hose to PY and Ames, I guess just Ames now. lol

Old 02-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't know what happened to my original hose, but it was on my shaker at one time. No way did if have that end on it. To replicate the clunky end just cut a piece of heater hose and glue it on. I am the supplier of the hose to PY and Ames, I guess just Ames now. lol
Craig,

I'm not sure what years had that on it. My 72 TA didn't even have a hose on it when I bought it so I can't speak for it.

The shaker (spare 1971) came off a friend of mine's car that went to the scrap yard years ago and still has original Lucy paint.

When I saw it, I questioned if it was original but after talking to several people, I found that some had it.

I'd be curious if anyone one this board has that on their car, What years are they?

Dave

Old 02-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
That's was my thinking also Norwood. The guys in the vacuum group at work have a portable vulcanizing machine with almost every concievable attachment and rubber stock you can think of to make all of their ultra high vacuum gaskets, O-rings & seals. I'll be nosing around in their shop next week rigging something up that looks original. If nothing else, a tight fitting larger rubber hose with bicycle tube glue with do.

Eddie

Son video'd this...