Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 02-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
Why would he do that? Thats not the cv1 way now is it? Get your respect first then later on maybe race your car if its ever finished. Isn't this the same guy that was gonna beat your balls black and blue last year then didn't show with a car? just curious
Yes I talked smack and didnt make it to norwalk. I was finally finishing the car and found my trans case was cracked. I bought a better one and had it going in time but felt like it was better to get some time with the car before I showed up and fell on my face.

I offered to pay my bet but they turned it down.

Its kind of like you killing a motor on the dyno. I guess your last time building a motor didnt go as planned either?

BTW, who built your engine? Oh thats right you did....... thats reassurring hope I dont race behind you at norwalk.....

Next....

The Following User Says Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO Dan View Post
That's the time you decided to quit drinking? I would have been trying to figure out how to drink more just to get through dinner.
Oh nooooo I know how I am when I drink. I say wayyyyyy to much.

After 6 or 10 mixed drinks Im betting she would have looked like a model and I never would have gotten rid of her. It took me a week just to get her to stop texting me and that was after I gave a good by hug.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Jack View Post
Yes, he was going to skull drag me down Norwalks 1320 after he finished his fruity drink in that red solo cup through a straw.

Without a comp license.
Im pretty sure I can keep up with you while holding my solo cup out the window while running down the track.

I would look like pickle when he is chasing us down the track with his fist in the air screaming " DIIIIEEEE YOU CV1 SCUM BAG, DIEEEEE"!"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
I wish you a lot of luck with your new combination. No challenge here.

Once you get it all sorted out your target number is 7.40 at 194 mph set by a 406 cid Pontiac Engine with Diesel Turbos, with 240 cfm cast iron factory Pontiac heads, and a Turbo 400 trans with no second gear at 3,000# weight.

You match that number with your deal at 3000# race weight in 2014 and you did something. ps That number was set in 1996. That number also allows you to run your current combination (with the latest aluminum parts, turbos, etc.).

Tom V.
I agree, that is definitely an awesome goal to reach. Dont tell pickle.. Im sure Im a year or two (or three) off to get to that speed. I hope the process goes smoothly and I have the right guys helping me.

But talking it up is as much motivation for me as anything. I really dont care what yoo-hoo or pickle think, If everything works out I'll get there.

Jeff

Last edited by jdw_poncho; 02-18-2014 at 09:28 PM. Reason: yoo-hoo
Old 02-18-2014, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pickle? Are you talking about the guy from the show "moonshiners"?

Tom Syron

Old 02-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw_poncho View Post
Yes I talked smack and didnt make it to norwalk. I was finally finishing the car and found my trans case was cracked. I bought a better one and had it going in time but felt like it was better to get some time with the car before I showed up and fell on my face.

I offered to pay my bet but they turned it down.

Its kind of like you killing a motor on the dyno. I guess your last time building a motor didnt go as planned either?

BTW, who built your engine? Oh thats right you did....... thats reassurring hope I dont race behind you at norwalk.....

Next....
You're a phucking dimwit.....How fast have you gone with anything? I still was at norwalk azzwipe. You still have done squat....NOTHING you have to get there still. what happened to that badazz ehead turbo motor?

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Im pretty sure I can keep up with you while holding my solo cup out the window while running down the track.

I would look like pickle when he is chasing us down the track with his fist in the air screaming " DIIIIEEEE YOU CV1 SCUM BAG, DIEEEEE"!"
If its so easy just toss one together na, retard

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-18-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I agree, that is definitely an awesome goal to reach. Dont tell pickle.. Im sure Im a year or two (or three) off to get to that speed. I hope the process goes smoothly and I have the right guys helping me.

But talking it up is as much motivation for me as anything. I really dont care what yoo-hoo or pickle think, If everything works out I'll get there.

Jeff
maybe someday eh? Do you guys all read a book on how to go about this all wrong and look like douche bag?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post

Tom Syron
No he has an oral fixation with things pickle shaped, And Tourette syndrome so he uncontrollably says pickles when he has an "urge". He's crying for help....

The Following User Says Thank You to mike leech For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
You're a phucking dimwit.....How fast have you gone with anything? I still was at norwalk azzwipe. You still have done squat....NOTHING you have to get there still. what happened to that badazz ehead turbo motor?
So tell me what happened to your engine? Did your hitler like personality get in the way of thinking?

I think I was in a fast car once, does that count?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
maybe someday eh? Do you guys all read a book on how to go about this all wrong and look like douche bag?
I've read lots of books, what does that have to do with anything? You're not making much sense, it's just reaction at this point.

You have nothing, you can't run much faster than 8.50's and you cant cover me. Count on it pickle.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
If its so easy just toss one together na, retard
Ooohhhhhh good come back.

What possible reason would I do that? I wanted a PA car to race a paticular local class. I'm assuming your god like complex won't let you imagine people can think for themselves.

You've been in power for too long. Not everyone needs some middle aged manager micro-managing their every move. It all comes back to the pickle question.

Your responses tells me everything.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post

Tom Syron
No, it's a technique used to judge how people respond to an odd question they can't logically respond too. Typically type A personalities have a tough time and respond with anger. Asking the question starts a conversation which usually ends with disgust.

If mike was capable of seeing the question for what it is he wouldn't have worked so hard to dispute why he couldn't come up with a logical answer.

My background is with robotics, industrial automation, and mid-scale project management. I'm used to talking slow so people like Mike can understand when explaining how plants are designed. I'm also one of the guys that hire people like pickle and learned how to interview using various techniques. It's all in good fun but Mikey is getting all but hurt because he can't understand the pickle question.

It's ok mike, your not supposed to.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jdw_poncho For This Useful Post:
Old 02-18-2014, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I've read lots of books, what does that have to do with anything? You're not making much sense, it's just reaction at this point.

You have nothing, you can't run much faster than 8.50's and you cant cover me. Count on it pickle.
How fast you gone?

Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
No, it's a technique used to judge how people respond to an odd question they can't logically respond too. Typically type A personalities have a tough time and respond with anger. Asking the question starts a conversation which usually ends with disgust.

If mike was capable of seeing the question for what it is he wouldn't have worked so hard to dispute why he couldn't come up with a logical answer.

My background is with robotics, industrial automation, and mid-scale project management. I'm used to talking slow so people like Mike can understand when explaining how plants are designed. I'm also one of the guys that hire people like pickle and learned how to interview using various techniques. It's all in good fun but Mikey is getting all but hurt because he can't understand the pickle question.

It's ok mike, your not supposed to.
while you're wet dreaming about yourself maybe, I guarantee I've hired more people than you have without a doubt. there was no logical answer hence no answer given to your retarded question......but since you have nothing else

Old 02-18-2014, 11:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
while you're wet dreaming about yourself maybe, I guarantee I've hired more people than you have without a doubt. there was no logical answer hence no answer given to your retarded question......but since you have nothing else
LOL- Stop, you are proving my point way to easy. Im betting your turnover rate is high for a reason. Keep on keepin' on the same path, I see you problem. If you need help PM me and I can give you some pointers sometime.

I'll agree, the question was a bit off topic. It was totally based off me laughing at you when you questioned it. After looking at the color of your car I think Mike " The pcikle" Leech should be made into a sticker and placed on your back window.

Carry on....

Old 02-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
How fast you gone?
LOL thats pretty funny.

Im good, are you?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled1.bmp (224.1 KB, 163 views)

Old 02-19-2014, 12:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So tell me what happened to your engine? Did your hitler like personality get in the way of thinking?

I think I was in a fast car once, does that count?
Somebody is projecting...

nice dodge of they question i asked you....your ego won't let you say it because it would show your lack of experience or competence and ruin your self image...I understand how fragile your ego is.

mine dropped a valve..I did not properly ensure radial clearance. I clearly stated that at the time in the dyno thread that I checked depth but rushed and did not check with clay also. Look it up. I did not blame anyone else or hide the truth I even posted pictures for all to see.

Quote:

I'm making sense, just not agreeing with you so you don't understand what it means....

Don't be so sure of your yourself or your advantage.....you still have to run the thing without it dying and parts do break...in the real world where racing happens.

Quote:
Ooohhhhhh good come back.

What possible reason would I do that? I wanted a PA car to race a paticular local class. I'm assuming your god like complex won't let you imagine people can think for themselves.

You've been in power for too long. Not everyone needs some middle aged manager micro-managing their every move. It all comes back to the pickle question.

Your responses tells me everything.
You obviously are so damn smart you've got everything figured out. Thinking does not equal doing, but carry on with your bad self. Certainly your feeling short in the pants and your little pickle fantasy is how you feel better about your bosses being your boss. Its not your fault. If you were half the "benevolent superhero" you think you are you would have had the car at norwalk, or at least SOME results to point to cupcake. Some people do need to be managed....usually the ones that most think they don't.

I've hired and fired literally in excess of 200 people over the last 20 years. I currently and have, and for some time used personality testing as a basis for hiring. We can teach people skills the they don't have but we cannot fix a broken person no matter how skilled they are or think they are. Your version of a personality test is the most absurd example i've ever heard of. So you ask someone a retarded question then call them pickle juice throughout the interview and when they have an unfavorable reaction it is you that does not have a personality defect. Are you serious? If you really are paid to hire people using these tactics it is the most outrageous and ridiculous thing i've ever heard of and I'm quite sure you have embellished your qualifications . I've endured some rigorous testing in the military due to the extreme sensitivity of the information I had access to and I can assure you that is to only environment where that would be acceptable.

A true personality test is not hard to find or take.....here is one similar to what we use that I found on google. http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/ The results of this coupled with additional interviews with key managers/co workers are what the decision of wether to hire or not is based. Your pickle fit would have prevented your Hire.

My guess is you score high in neuroticism. Just a guess.

P.S. My background is no less technical or RELEVANT in the racing section than yours

Now about your car. Have you ran it? how fast? what happened to the ehead motor? serious questions.

Last edited by mike leech; 02-19-2014 at 12:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:54 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

[QUOTE=mike leech;5137890]Somebody is projecting...

nice dodge of they question i asked you....your ego won't let you say it because it would show your lack of experience or competence and ruin your self image...I understand how fragile your ego is.

mine dropped a valve..I did not properly ensure radial clearance. I clearly stated that at the time in the dyno thread that I checked depth but rushed and did not check with clay also. Look it up. I did not blame anyone else or hide the truth I even posted pictures for all to see.

I'm making sense, just not agreeing with you so you don't understand what it means....

Don't be so sure of your yourself or your advantage.....you still have to run the thing without it dying and parts do break...in the real world where racing happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sure are stretching the conversation a bit....

Go back and read my last response. I told you exactly what I’ve done, no issues with my ego. Its the truth, I said it earlier. I’ve never been fast.

Started my build in 2009-2010. Took a couple years to get the chassis done and everything put back together. All the while I was buying/building all of my parts to finish the engine. Finished the engine first so I put it on a dyno in 2011 ( I think). I had less than stellar results because I purchased a used set of eheads that I never should have bought. I also assumed the dyno operator knew more than me so I paid him to tune it for me. He failed because of his so-called knowledge of the FAST classic system.

I didn’t force him to tune the engine in open loop following the TPS like I did before he got it. I should have been more forceful and demanded it. But I’m paying him $1500 so he should know best right....

He let it get lean because he was trying to run it in closed loop while running methanol. Unfortunately that doesn’t work with the classic system. EGT's got above 1300° and it was still climbing when it torched the head.

So in other words my inexperience and his over-confidence hurt my engine. I decided to buy the cv-1's and it took me a year to get the heads and all of the hot/cold side tubing made up to fit them. Everything I built for the eheads was scraped.

In the mean time I put the car together and built another engine to take on drag week. We didn’t get it finished until we got to the track on Sunday. I pushed it way to hard and made some shortcuts just to make it. That caught up to me and I didn’t make the next day.

See- I’m human and have no issues talking about my experience with fast cars.

Did that help make your point?

Did I call out every person in this post? Nope, I just alluded to racing Lil Jack and Kinsler. It’s all an observation.

Ok let’s move on to the next subject. You are one dumb MF'r if you think I would interview someone like I respond to you posts on the internet. I explained the technique, I didn’t say I direct the entire interview that way. Geesh you are slow, do I need to detail everything out to you? Typical Ops manager

Ive already been to the track. Ive also put at least 200 miles on the street. Im sure I'll be fine until I break it again.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Hey Pickle...

Since you are seem slow I'll post it again in case you have any concerns.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	69 chassis 011.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	353558   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9130018.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	353559