Old 03-06-2013, 04:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I bought from PY and picked up at a show they were attending. I did door panels, seat upholstery and carpet and I felt better grabbing it in person

My Garage
Tarheel Tigers Pontiac Club of Raleigh, NC
Old 03-06-2013, 04:51 PM

Cool thanks for your help.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:54 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No worries. Let me know if you have any other Q's. Looking forward to seeing the car finished (as I'm sure you are)

My Garage
Tarheel Tigers Pontiac Club of Raleigh, NC
Old 03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pete, one thing I didn't ask you. Does yours have shoulder belts?

Pete lives not too far away from me, and where his GTO is is pretty close too. One of these day I'll get over to see the frame before he moves it to get it back under the body.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM

Gary I do not have the shoulder straps in the car now but my option sheet shows that the car has what is called Seat Belts Custom Front and Back???? Once I get into the interior and start looking a little harder not sure what I will fine. You need to stop over as I am wrapping the frame in stretch wrap before I take it to the body shop. I just received a PY box to finish a few things on the motor hope to be done Saturday.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Your 66 has a big load of most all the best options.
Killer Car
Aluminum front brake drums would be the rarest option it has.
Would say its in the top 5% option wise.

Hard to think someone changed ALL the colors in the past.
Would rather have the Barrier Blue.

The vent pipe from valve cover to center carb is the Cali Emissions for 66.
Believe the smog pump was in 67 .... ?

Is the reason you're using 67-up valve covers due to later model cylinder heads ?
Does it still have the WV 389 and 093 cylinder heads ?

Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 PM

Baron ya my car has a non # matching motor as it is a 70 400 ys. I know I almost cried when I pull the motor, I sure have learn a lot about what to look for if there is a next time. But I have what I have, always looking for year correct ws motor but not that worried about it. Just trying to get her done so I can enjoy the ride.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Odd.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBasscat View Post
I do not have the CA air pollution equipment on my car or don’t know if it ever had it.
Your GTO was built in the Fremont, Ca. plant, but more importantly it was sold new in Los Angeles, Ca. and does not show the codes #612 and #614 (Air Injection Exhaust Control "A.I.R." and Positive Crankcase Ventilation respectively) on the window sticker??? Also it looks like WS (Non Calif. Engine Code) is shown for the Tri-Power Engine option but being sold "NEW" in Calif. it should have been fitted with a WV = Tri-Power / 4 Spd. with A.I.R.
Do you have or are you getting the all important PHS on this car and is that window sticker the factory original? I would be curious to see what would show in box 61 of the car billing history.

PS - Does it still have the rare aluminum front brake drums as stated on the window sticker?

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.

Last edited by 60sstuff; 03-06-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default PHS for Cali Tri Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sstuff View Post
Your GTO was built in the Fremont, Ca. plant, but more importantly it was sold new in Los Angeles, Ca. and does not show the codes #612 and #614 (Air Injection Exhaust Control "A.I.R." and Positive Crankcase Ventilation respectively) on the window sticker??? Also it looks like WS (Non Calif. Engine Code) is shown for the Tri-Power Engine option but being sold "NEW" in Calif. it should have been fitted with a WV = Tri-Power / 4 Spd. with A.I.R.
Do you have or are you getting the all important PHS on this car and is that window sticker the factory original? I would be curious to see what would show in box 61 of the car billing history.

PS - Does it still have the rare aluminum front brake drums as stated on the window sticker?
I have the PHS billing card for my '66 WV 4-speed car for reference. I too think it should be a WV smog engine for California sale.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM

I have what I think is the original sticker and have what is called 1966 Car Billing History. Box 61 has a 6 ???????? help me understand

Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Box 61 should have a 6 above within the same small box. This adds up to 616 which is the 612 and 614 (I mentioned above) added together. That tells me the billing history for your 66 came with all the Smog equiptment but for some reason thats not shown on your window sticker? Post a good clear pic of that car billing history which will also show the engine code.

1) 65 GTO Survivor. 43,440 Original Miles. “Factory” Mayfair Maize Paint with Black Pinstripe, Black Cordova Top, Black Interior, OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Purchased from the Lady that bought it new. Baltimore Built (11A).
2) 66 GTO Survivor. “Factory” Cameo Ivory Paint with Red Pinstripe, Red Interior. OEM Numbers Matching Powertrain. Tri-Power (OEM Vacuum Linkage), Automatic "YR" code (1759 Produced). Fremont Built (01B), with the Rare 614 Option.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Box 61 should have a 6 above within the same small box. This adds up to 616 which is the 612 and 614 (I mentioned above) added together. That tells me the billing history for your 66 came with all the Smog equiptment. Post a good clear pic of that car billing history which will also show the engine code.
FYI,

Here are pics of '66 Tri Power crankcase ventilation and smog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 PCV.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	85.0 KB
ID:	315444   Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Tri Power A.I.R..jpg
Views:	64
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	315445  

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Great Pics!

DANTIP, Could I get several large size good clear photos of all angles your rare WV engine compartment besides the two you just posted? Email s60sstuff@hotmail.com
It's very rare to see a 66 Tri-Power with the factory A.I.R. THX!!!!!! Chris.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its a repo window sticker he has.
Can tell just by no mention of exterior/interior colors and the WV Cali-Emiss status it should have came with.

The Billing History Card is the big ticket.
They ran out of room on that window sticker - so more options may be lurking on the BHC.

i wasn't sure about the smog pump in 66
But like DAN and 60's stated - it was not just Built in CALI - it was also Sold in CALI.
Would have come with all the CALI Emiss Equip.

.... not that i'd put that mess back on it tho ....

Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Senior Chief

Default Smog Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Its a repo window sticker he has.
Can tell just by no mention of exterior/interior colors and the WV Cali-Emiss status it should have came with.

The Billing History Card is the big ticket.
They ran out of room on that window sticker - so more options may be lurking on the BHC.

i wasn't sure about the smog pump in 66
But like DAN and 60's stated - it was not just Built in CALI - it was also Sold in CALI.
Would have come with all the CALI Emiss Equip.

It's definitely not appealing to everyone but it's kind of novel to see a never removed/fully intact/operational Tri Power smog system. Many of these systems didn't make it past the first spark plug change.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Senior Chief

Default Smog pics

Quote:
DANTIP, Could I get several large size good clear photos of all angles your rare WV engine compartment besides the two you just posted? Email s60sstuff@hotmail.com
It's very rare to see a 66 Tri-Power with the factory A.I.R. THX!!!!!! Chris.
I'll get some pics to you but the car is in storage for at least another month. We are currently digging out of 11" of snow.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Zeppelin View Post
Mostly by that - i meant if the stuff was missing.
No disrespect to the unique originality of DAN's car.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Senior Chief

Default Window Sticker

Quote:
Box 61 should have a 6 above within the same small box. This adds up to 616 which is the 612 and 614 (I mentioned above) added together. That tells me the billing history for your 66 came with all the Smog equiptment but for some reason thats not shown on your window sticker? Post a good clear pic of that car billing history which will also show the engine code.
Here are the last few lines of a window sticker showing the 612 and 614 option codes (sorry for the small pic).
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen shot 2013-03-06 at 9.49.29 PM.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	15.1 KB
ID:	315451  

Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes that is how it should be shown on a legitimate window sticker and the pic below (one saved from an old auctioned 66) shows how it is noted on a car billing history. The 616 coincides with the engine code of XE = Standard 335 HP engine with Automatic and A.I.R.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	W-S 66 Fremont Built with #616 Smog System (1).jpg
Views:	71
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	315452  

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bear, they also left off the Air Conditioning on that repo window sticker.
Your car probably had 2 window stickers when it was delivered !

The originals always had exterior/interior colors/trim mentioned.
And had watermark/ghost type printing on the backside.

Performance Axle with A/C is another seldom seen option.
That would have taken it back up to 3.55 instead of 3.23

Most who got head rests, also got recliner passenger seat.

Surprised they didn't get interior roofrail reading lights and reel-out trunk light , since they ordered all the other lights. lol

Its a hard loaded machine for sure.

Looking forward to seeing the BHC when you can post it.
Don't be upset if they have omitted some things , or added some things on that repo window sticker.
It could go either way.