Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Suspended

I think he'd have a difficult time relocating again. It costs money.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:30 PM

it'd be really nice to get an update from Ron. has anyone heard from him lately?

Old 03-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrage david View Post
I got 2 sets in totall one from the first batch years ago. and one resendly . im also waighting on my new set that i still need to get.I did called him a couple of times and had lots of email traffic with him resendly. but in the last 2 weeks i could not get in contact with him.
David, was the a difference in quality and the shape of the headers you got years ago and the newer ones? Just curious.

She woke up sunny side down and I was still thinking I was too proud to flip her over
Old 03-13-2011, 09:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I sent Ron $50 just to get my old H-O headers shipped back to me. He also had a set of new headers with oval collectors for me but I told him to use them for somebody elses order as I was in no hurry for them.......again.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:18 AM

Larry,

You got a pm.

Daan

Old 03-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
David, was the a difference in quality and the shape of the headers you got years ago and the newer ones? Just curious.
Havend seen them yet. They(sec gen/69GTO) are located at my engine builders place(cvms) he told me they look good so what can i say they look good hahaha. The ones im still waighting for. And the headers alredy diliverd are going to be used on the dyno. and see what they diliver. ..

Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 PM

Im here in case mine are ready

Formerly..... Dreambird72
Old 03-19-2011, 04:42 PM

Default Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
Im here in case mine are ready
I like your car! Any more pictures?

Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Default ????

Has anybody heard from Ron? I am thinking about buying Dougs Headers with money I don't have cuz I have no choice.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to texasdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbanger View Post
Well, since that time I think aronhk md, vtxman, and richied have recieved and set. Don;t know whether they were sponsors or old orders. Maybe they can chime in and say who their sponsors were or who they were sponsoring.
Do we have a timetable for these sponsorships? I sponsored back in August and have not yet received my set. It is encouraging to see that some people have received their headers as promised.

Although, I am concerned with the communication black out since January.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:25 AM

Who is still in contact with Ron? He doesn't answer PM's or emails from me anymore.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This is typical behavior from Ron when he's in trouble. Don't know what is going on lately but he did relocate to Oregon. He called me right after he got settled and had my old H-O headers ready to ship. Since he had no money, I gave him $50 to cover the shipping cost. Headers arrived at the house and never heard from him again.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM

Larry,

Can you pm me his phone number??
i can weld the pypes here , all i need is a set of pypes in the correct size and market for the correct angle.
Maybe it's a good plan for Ron, sell the sets and weld them yourself.
The only thing he has to do is to cut the pypes and mark them so you can weld them in the correct angle, he doesn't need a welder anymore and more people can get a set???

Daan

Old 04-05-2011, 11:21 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to texasdave

The crying shame of the whole deal is that it appears to be, and the word from the users is, that its a great product. The potential from the Pontiac crowd for a quality set of Tri-Y's is vast.

I am really pulling for Ron to get it figured out and moving forward again. I know he has burned numerous bridges, and my bridge is currently smoking, but what a shame if he can't get this worked out.

I'm personally pulling for him, not only because I want my headers, but because it would be good for the hobby to have this resource.
Quote:
Originally Posted by floffy View Post
Larry,

Can you pm me his phone number??
i can weld the pypes here , all i need is a set of pypes in the correct size and market for the correct angle.
The only thing he has to do is to cut the pypes and mark them so you can weld them in the correct angle, he doesn't need a welder anymore and more people can get a set???

Daan

Old 04-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by floffy View Post
Larry,

Daan
I think this could Help him out, although the people still waiting for headers paid for a ready to install set, so he would have to refund which at this point I am sure he can't do.. Too bad Another guy trying to do the right thing gets bitten!!

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 PM

You'd better to have a set and weld it yourself then get nothing at all?? The only thing i don't get is where's Ron?? I want a set and i trust Ron is doing his best to resolve some thing's but a communication blackout?? i can't believe he doesn't visit the boards frequently so Ron give an update please.
If you explain things you still get my trust and i'll order a set at your shop but keep people informed.

Daan

Old 04-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have been quiet and waited for mine but am now concerned. I sent $750 for A body headers, coating, and shipping along with a set Flowmaster Ball Sockets and o2 bungs for another $100. Ron has not communicated with me for over a month now so I guess things are going downhill. I really wanted these but have to move on with the car now. A shame.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I don't have a number for Ron, so there's no way i can get in touch with him either.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Suspended

I am NOT being a cheerleader here. I've stated before Ron still has huge hurdles and I personally dont know if he'll make it. Part of me is a pessimist here. But what he has been trying to do is NOT a pyramid scheme or a Ponzi one either. And people are well aware of Doug's headers, but unfortunately on 2nd gen firebirds especially they hang way too low. It sucks to go over a couple of bumps at speed and smash the tubes of your new headers beyond recognition.

This thread is about the tri-y's and Ron Watt. I have spoken with him, and the reason he hasnt posted is because he has nothing new to report...yet. I have tried telling him its my opinion that coming here and at least saying hello is better than not saying anything.......but in his opinion because he is still stuck at the moment he feels YOU the customers will just consider it the same old excuse.

Is he still trying to get headers out? He tells me yes he is. Apparently he has made 2 steps toward making this happen. 1) is that he has made strides in his own welding ability. 2) is that he has picked up a piece of equipment which also helps him do his own welding. So he is working on these two things, but doesnt want to send out a finished piece that doesnt look ok.

The final thing he is waiting for is several pieces of a puzzle which will also make the process work in his one-man-operation. Unfortunately though it looks like it will happen and he has explained to me WHY he is waiting, its not my business and I'm not going to repeat it here.

Should he have had these things in place before taking more orders? Perhaps. I'm not saying ANY of you should be happy at the time this is taking. Not at all. I feel your frustration, and anger.....truthfully if I were still waiting I'd feel the EXACT same thing.

The ONLY reason I am posting here right now is BECAUSE I FEEL YOUR PAIN, and my hope is he can still come through and get you what you paid for. This post is ONLY to update you with what I've heard. My ears are telling me he hasnt stopped trying yet. I'm crossing my fingers for you guys.....

If things work out like he is hoping you will be hearing from him in the near future with at least a few new sets done and an easier path for more to follow.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:19 AM

Because i can't get a hold on him and he doesn't respond to pm can you please ask him to contact me?? i can weld my own headers only need the parts so that will be easy money for him.

Daan

Closed Thread