Old 09-12-2010, 01:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default 71 Castillian Bronze Judge in HPP

Congratulations to Tim Allen (GOATFF71) and his beautiful '71 Castillian Bronze GTO Judge featured in the December 2010 issue of High Performance Pontiac magazine. Great story written Kevin Diossi and excellent pics of Tim's car. Congratulations Tim!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	71 Judge Castillion Bronze 1.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	218334   Click image for larger version

Name:	71 Judge Castillion Bronze 2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	218335   Click image for larger version

Name:	71 Judge Castillion Bronze 3.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	218336  

Old 09-12-2010, 04:23 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks gto4door, I finally received my copy Friday

Old 09-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

where did that judge sell new at? there used to be one years ago not far from me that exact color.

Old 09-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Senior Chief

Sold new In Topeka KS , Dale Sharp Pontiac, The car was bought by a previous owner in 1978 from a used car lot here in Iowa...no idea how it came to Iowa or when, these were taken in 1980.

http://ultimategto.com/cgi-bin/showc...971/71_00088_3

Old 09-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Mr. Tim. This is MOST excellent. I have not yet received my copy; however, I assume it is not from the photo shoot we had at Dayton? Here are some of my personal pics for you...

and there was some other Bubba who drove this thing...

[Hey isn't that the same '71 that is listed in Wikipedia under Pontiac GTO?]

The Big Human

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)
Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice car. So that is the color my GT-37 is supposed to be.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Tim,

Great job on car again! You actually restored the car which is way cool mr. handson, and have a GT-37 waiting in the wings...

Does the article have the whole story?

I need to get a copy.

Love the vintage picture as it brings back memories of driving aound with high performance and high octane in veins in high shool probably very...

Old 09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim,

Your Judge looks great. I love Castillion Bronze. Unfortuneately, my HPP subscription just ran out so I will have to hit the bookstore to get this one.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Senior Chief

Tim, I really enjoyed your restoration story, especially dedicating it to your friend.

Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. - K (from MIB)

1972 LeMans Sport convert (T41) '70 XF 455, TH400, 3.31 12-bolt Posi
Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Way to go, Tim!

Nice resto work, and a great story!

2008 GMC Sierra Denali 2WD Crew, L92 6L80E, Silver w/ Ebony guts, 14.26 @ 98
Old 09-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks guys,

The story is pretty much just as it was written, the HPP article is the most fitting tribute to the car and my friends that I could have ever hoped for. Its been a long road for the car as you can tell in the 1980 pics, it had a hard life very early on, i would say it was lucky to survive and the fact that it did with the original drive train is just amazing.

Mike, i actually had my GT-37 off the frame when this Judge became the priority...i had to reassemble it enough to store it....I hope to get back to it soon but just went to AZ and picked up a car for my 18yrld son...he drove my GTO to Dayton last year and that was about all it took to hook him lol I'm hoping he will be into the cars for many more years to come.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Congrats Tim! That was the first article I read when my copy showed up. I showed my son, Travis, who was with me when we met you at the Co-Vention and he said it was neat to see a car in a magazine that you had actually seen in-person! I couldn't agree more. I committed the sin of "Envy" as I drooled over your car at the Co-Vention. I have a bunch of photos of it as well. You had shared the story of how you got the car with me there but it was good to read the story again. Congrats again on a beautiful restoration - enjoy that car in good health!

BJ

Old 09-13-2010, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Very nice car. Glad to see someone save another Pontiac.

Old 09-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATFF71 View Post
Thanks guys,

....I hope to get back to it soon but just went to AZ and picked up a car for my 18yrld son...he drove my GTO to Dayton last year and that was about all it took to hook him lol I'm hoping he will be into the cars for many more years to come.
Tim:
What color is your other 71 that your son drove to Dayton last year? I've seen it referred to as Aztec Gold on TUGTOPS but it sure looks like a different shade than all theother Aztec Gold cars I've seen. Is it a special order color or is it correct and all the others are off-shade? Either way, is is a beautiful color!

By the way, glad to see you getting your son involved in the hobby. What did you guys pick up in AZ?

BJ

Old 09-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, nice work T! Nice to read that story and one I am privileged to be part of too. Reading that brought back good memories of picking up that Judge with you and Al. That was a fun trip. Amazing everything was there....remember you let me drive that a few blocks on the way home? Never drove a 4 spd A body till then...my first 4spd experience!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:31 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERULD View Post
Tim:
What color is your other 71 that your son drove to Dayton last year? I've seen it referred to as Aztec Gold on TUGTOPS but it sure looks like a different shade than all theother Aztec Gold cars I've seen. Is it a special order color or is it correct and all the others are off-shade? Either way, is is a beautiful color!

By the way, glad to see you getting your son involved in the hobby. What did you guys pick up in AZ?

BJ
BJ,

My GTO is supposed to be Aztec gold and that's the paint code...i think this is where the confusion started, I have had it at so many shows over the years i cant even tell you, starting with GTOAA in Indy 1993, I painted the car in 92 and at the time I just couldn't do the Aztec (not sure if i can yet) so i cleaned up a spot on the vinyl top and started picking colors using paint tabs...that color if i remember right is an 88 Chevrolet full size color. TUGTOPS didn't help much by putting it on there as Aztec gold...im sure it has confused many people trying figure out colors over the years. It even made a recent GTO poster. The big debate in my mind today is im ready to redo that car soon and i cant decide what to do about the color. On a side note that car was built 40 years ago tomorrow 09-14-70 the day before the strike started....if i remember right your car that you bought from Mike was started on the 15th and got caught on the line during the strike.

We picked up a 71 Lemans...i wasn't really limiting the search to 71 it just seemed to happen that way..lol nice rust free car to start out with ...just have to see where we take it. He's pretty happy with it so far...we drove it home from Phoenix 1687 miles nice bonding trip with the car, know it inside and out after that trip.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB View Post
Yes, nice work T! Nice to read that story and one I am privileged to be part of too. Reading that brought back good memories of picking up that Judge with you and Al. That was a fun trip. Amazing everything was there....remember you let me drive that a few blocks on the way home? Never drove a 4 spd A body till then...my first 4spd experience!
It seems like so many years ago now Pat and it is i guess. I remember taking that first test drive up the two lane black top with Al and he of course drove it like AL....lol....The car sat in my garage for about a month before i took it up to Al's that October...I have video of the car before we drove it up and my boys are sitting in the passenger front bucket seat together...lol they were only 5 and 3 ....that 3 year old turned 18 yesterday...time flies....don't waste it get those cars done so you can enjoy them!

Tim

Old 09-13-2010, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATFF71 View Post
BJ,

My GTO is supposed to be Aztec gold and that's the paint code...i think this is where the confusion started, I have had it at so many shows over the years i cant even tell you, starting with GTOAA in Indy 1993, I painted the car in 92 and at the time I just couldn't do the Aztec (not sure if i can yet) so i cleaned up a spot on the vinyl top and started picking colors using paint tabs...that color if i remember right is an 88 Chevrolet full size color. TUGTOPS didn't help much by putting it on there as Aztec gold...im sure it has confused many people trying figure out colors over the years. It even made a recent GTO poster. The big debate in my mind today is im ready to redo that car soon and i cant decide what to do about the color. On a side note that car was built 40 years ago tomorrow 09-14-70 the day before the strike started....if i remember right your car that you bought from Mike was started on the 15th and got caught on the line during the strike.

We picked up a 71 Lemans...i wasn't really limiting the search to 71 it just seemed to happen that way..lol nice rust free car to start out with ...just have to see where we take it. He's pretty happy with it so far...we drove it home from Phoenix 1687 miles nice bonding trip with the car, know it inside and out after that trip.

Tim:
You are correct and I'm glad you reminded me of that! I will take mine out for a spin on Wednesday to celebrate her 40th birthday. She didn't ship until 12-14-70. That was a long strike.

Thanks for the clarification on the other car's color. I really like it as it is and would probably keep it that way.

Glad you got to spend that quality time with your son as he bonded with his new car. That is trip you guys will never forget. My oldest son and I had a blast driving mine up to Dayton and back last year. He also went with me to PA to pick up my Blue '71 and we blew a tire on the trailer and sat on the side of the interstate for 13 hours waiting for U-Haul to show up. Wasn't fun at the time but looking back it was quite the adventure and made that car all the more special. Wish now I hadn't sold it.

BJ

Old 09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tim, will you be my hero for this month?

Oh, I found a picture of both cars in your garage in September of 2005. You surely accomplished a lot with your space!

Land of Lakes Muscle Car Classic
Facebook Event
Facebook Wall (Kurt Smith,Minneapolis)

Last edited by 68gtoMN; 09-13-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Now that - is an awesome picture! Cool garage Tim! It just says "Pontiac" all over!
Great lighting too.

BJ