WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 General Tech/Discussion

04-06 General Tech/Discussion 2004-2006 GTO General Tech and discussion.

Old 12-26-2007, 03:48 AM
Senior Chief

Yo, Dan! Whatup dude!
Old 12-26-2007, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff R
Yo, Dan! Whatup dude!
Hey Jeff, thanks. Looks like I will spend some time surfing the site here, see what's going on in the PY forums. Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Dan, coming over to the darkside eh?!
Old 12-26-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBLER
Hey Dan, coming over to the darkside eh?!
Seems I have some "free time" lately.

Actually, I will be doing some stuff for GTOAA begining next year...so I expect to be spending more time here.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I love my 04 as well as my "classic" Pontiacs. But then I'm an "outlaw" with a non Pontiac project too with my 409s!

You know some of the "only" the classic guys don't get there is the same concept as the original 64 GTO was . Plain "sleeper" body but lots of motor. And maybe some small hood scoops.

But then some of the guys on the LS1GTO board are dyno queens too and never hit the track.
1965 GTO 4 barrel 3 speed project
2004 GTO Pulse Red stock motor computer tune 13.43@103.4
1964 Impala SS 409/470ci 600 HP stroker project
1979 Camaro IAII Edelbrock head 500" 695 HP 10.33@132 3595lbs
Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You're right!! They sure love those dynos. I'd like to be next to one of them at a stoplight with my wife's '64 GTO. Her Tripower 428 with wide-ratio 4 speed is pretty hard to beat from 0-60.

'64 GTO Tripower Hardtop (Wife's Car)
'64 GTO Tripower Post Coupe (My Car)
'99 Bonneville SE Sedan
Old 01-01-2008, 10:54 AM

I think that many of the "old" guys (as in older Pontiac and GTO owners) beat up the new GTO and their owners so much that coming here is basically pointless.
I can come here and get shot down because my car looks like a Cavalier(at least to them), or I can go to ls1gto.com and be among people who are excited about the car for what it is. A great GT car. A Pontiac. And a blast to drive and own.
It's all good, but I wonder if they are missing out because of preconceived notions about what they think a modern GTO should be. Or perhaps they don't have any conception of what a modern GTO should be.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z
I think that many of the "old" guys (as in older Pontiac and GTO owners) beat up the new GTO and their owners so much that coming here is basically pointless.
I can come here and get shot down because my car looks like a Cavalier(at least to them), or I can go to ls1gto.com and be among people who are excited about the car for what it is. A great GT car. A Pontiac. And a blast to drive and own.
It's all good, but I wonder if they are missing out because of preconceived notions about what they think a modern GTO should be. Or perhaps they don't have any conception of what a modern GTO should be.
All living in the past.
They want GM to sell a '65 GTO new in 2008 with 6/60 warranty for $3000, anything else is crap.
It doesn't look like a GTO is BS, in 1964 they didn't say 'that doesn't look like a GTO'. They said 'wow, a two door midsize with a powerful engine' and the rest is history. The '04-'06 GTO's are two door midsized cars with powerful engines, yes the same thing.
I really think they are jealous, they have the GTO's that don't handle worth a darn, can't stop with todays traffic, suck gas like it's $0.50/gal and are slower stock for stock. They have eye candy, we have performance cars.
Old><new.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_e
Seems I have some "free time" lately.

Actually, I will be doing some stuff for GTOAA begining next year...so I expect to be spending more time here.
"some work" as in one of the positions they are looking to fill? Glad to hear it, if so!!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 PM

Hey so glad to see you all here on this site. I'm just doing a lot of bench racing right now and dream of the time when I can work on my 68. Yeah she's pretty rough and a fellow who wanted to buy her says it's not the stock engine. thought sure I coded the engine correctly when I purchased but back in 1990 it was just get the car kinda thing. supposedly it's a 455 in the bay but all I know is there was "milk" in the pan. Pulled the timing chain cover off to check but stopped right there. No need to delve further and risk losing parts. Had hoped to buy a 2008 GTO to give me a 40 yr span but it was a total impulse buy when I learned that 2006 was the last year...or is it? After taking a tour of Shacks Holden (dealership in Fremantle, W.A.) in mid 2003, a fellow saw this Yank (me of course) holding a back full of Holden trinkets and he let me hear both pipes coming out of the light. SSSSWWWWWEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!! Knew it was only a matter of time. SO as much as I dream about restoring my 68...I'm looking forward to when I can drive my 2006. Awesome ride!!!! Ok enough drivel for now. The excitement must be getting to me. Later.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z
I agree that many are probably missing out due to their perception of the car. But there are quite a few well-respected and knowledgeable people on this board who either own a new GTO or have said they would like one. This site is focused primarily on older cars, so it's understandable that most members here will not get excited about our 400hp "jellybeans". Personally, I come here for the people and old car info. For the new car I generally stick to other sites.