Thread: 2022 Updates
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta man View Post
Da was 435 vs 1400 last time out..so very similiar results with the Da factored in..the big difference was lack of traction yesterday vs full traction the week before.
Open exhaust really didn't gain much but it is hard to tell without full traction. The car was making a ton of torque out of the hole.
A few random thoughts moving forward:
Spending another season with the 373's,
I love my convertor more than ever
Car guys are great
X pipe or open headers with extensions...??? Which gives more power
Solid rollers?
There is more in this engine than I thought
I'm open to testing or trying things next year if someone suggests something
I hope there are et Pros's available soon
Don't forget my gas cap 40 minutes away at a gas station and waste time trying to buy one locally when I show up late at the track
Its amazing how many Pontiac guys are out there
Yesterday was first time at the track I only opened the hood to check things
I still need to figure out shiftpoints and need a tach that is close to being accurate
Have fun and keep tuning
Looks like you had some great air…

In reference to your exhaust. Exhaust is weight. Especially 3” with full x , dumps and full over the axle tail pipes……remove it all after the headers and you will go faster…I don’t mess with it because I’m lazy , but I’ve gone .15 -.2 quicker with no exhaust, mostly due to weight removal. I do go a tad quicker using my dumps with a full 3” X…..

I’m not chasing et much anymore as I’m carrying too much weight….no point really. Keep my hood closed these days!

71 GTO, 463, KRE 295 cfm heads ported by SD Performance, RPM intake, Qjet, Dougs Headers, Comp cams HR 246/252 ...11 to 1 , 3.55 cogs, 3985lbs.....day three- 11.04 at 120mph ....1.53 60', 6.98 1/8 mile