THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-07-2017, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...
Default Aaron Rodgers get well soon, the Packers need you!!!

I'm not a certified fan of any pro team of any sport, but it's hard to watch the Packers right now!!!

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-07-2017, 01:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aaron is a Very "Smart " QB.. To be able to make plays from broken plays and a failing Offensive line, it takes great skills and awareness.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

IDK... I'm ok seeing him on the sideline. Lions guy here.

But it shows you exactly how much Rodgers carries the packers.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The loss of one player just shows how myopic Ted Thompson is in creating an NFL roster.

Other teams can still look like an NFL caliber team with a backup QB.

Not Green Bay,

Their defense needs to have 30 points put up for them to have a chance at winning.

The lack of a decent defense - and not putting any of Ted's precious draft choices (or signing a qualified FA) into a backup QB has sealed the fate of the 2017 Green Bay Packers.

Last nights stats for Hundley look good on the surface - 26 completions for 245 yards. But when you brake it down - he only had 16 completions for 97 yards until the Lions started playing a prevent defense in the 4th quarter.

It's too bad so few people were able to be there to witness Hundley's breakout performance in the 4th quarter - the stand were nearly empty for most of it.

Old 11-07-2017, 08:01 AM

You guys are still watching the national felon league?

Old 11-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rutledge View Post
I watch my team play. I don't watch any other games due to the kneeling.

Although the Packer/Lion game had an impact on my team, I watched the MN Wild play Boston last night - then I went to the DVR and watched some shows.

Not giving the NFL any more than I have to in order to follow my team.

Old 11-07-2017, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Quote:
LOL, only took a couple of plays for me to make my assessment.... The only use I have for ESPN is to watch college ball. THat may not last long. I considering pulling the plug on ALL this overpriced TV crap...

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...
Old 11-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Aaron doesn't play defense last time i checked, lol.. the season is over, I honestly think they would've only been a 10-6 team this year even with Aaron!

2017, 74 firebird -3600 lbs (all bests) 1.33 60 ft, 6.314@108.39 9.950@134.32
M/T 275/60 ET SS Drag Radial

2023,(Pontiac 505) 1.27 60 ft, 5.97@112.86, 9.48@139.31.... 275/60 Radial Pro's
Old 11-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I like GB, and they've always been a team I routed for besides for my Patriots. It sucks seeing them in a total tail spin.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 11-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
I've probably watched 15 or so minutes of pro football this year. They can protest all they want, anyway they want. It's my right to disagree, and not watch.
Amazing the things you can get done on a Sunday...........

Old 11-07-2017, 07:11 PM
Senior Chief

No Chit!!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I don't like the kneeling thing, I think it is misguided. There are many more effective ways to make valid points than insulting the country. In fact, Kap wasn't terribly relevant until he did the kneeling thing. He spent most of his post game pressers being all sulky and forlorn after getting waxed all over the field.

But yes, I will watch football. It's not football's fault the commish couldn't reign this in. He should've told them "I fully support your first amendment rights - when properly exercised on YOUR time. On the field, you are on MY time." It's the same thing my job would tell me.

Football is great entertainment. I love it. Let them kneel. Let them protest. Let them implode. All I know is I saw Matt Stafford, Marvin Jones, and Golden Tate carve up the field with surgical precision. And for that, I thank the NFL.

As far as felons go, I suspect there is a lower rate of criminal conviction in the NFL than an equivalent slice of society. I actually think they do fairly well considering there are a lot of "kids" from crappy backgrounds now earning big money.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidward View Post

As far as felons go, I suspect there is a lower rate of criminal conviction in the NFL than an equivalent slice of society. I actually think they do fairly well considering there are a lot of "kids" from crappy backgrounds now earning big money.
I would bet against that.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 11-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You can look up NFL crime stats for years, and by far most of them are minor in nature. Dui, misdemeanor weed possesion, simple assault, etc. I know plenty of people who have made the same or similar life mistakes who DON'T play pro sports. But with those people we don't put them on a pedestal while we take turns trying to knock them down.

Maybe with all the boycotts, etc. ticket prices will come down!

Until then, I get my Cardinals playing Seahawks on Thursday night for 2nd place in the NFL West!

Old 11-08-2017, 05:09 PM

America was founded on protests and I didn't like the sitting thing by Kapernick which I think the protest was not even started by Kapernick. They just caught him pouting on the bench and he had to think of something to say so he came up with the protest thing. The other NFL players turned it into something more of a peaceful protest. There are a lot of NFL players who donate their time and money to help their communities. So to call them thugs and criminals is not fair IMO. Taking a knee is not harming veterans, not having enough quality VA facilities fully staffed is the problem. The veteran suicide rate is what should make news every Sunday not the kneeling.
Okay now back to football, it is amazing what Rogers did for the Packers but with most mobile QBs eventually they will get hurt. I have been an Eagles fan since 78 and oh what could have been in 91 if Cunningham had not been hurt. Eagles are on top right now though

Old 11-14-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta6point6 View Post
America was founded on protests and I didn't like the sitting thing by Kapernick which I think the protest was not even started by Kapernick. They just caught him pouting on the bench and he had to think of something to say so he came up with the protest thing. The other NFL players turned it into something more of a peaceful protest. There are a lot of NFL players who donate their time and money to help their communities. So to call them thugs and criminals is not fair IMO. Taking a knee is not harming veterans, not having enough quality VA facilities fully staffed is the problem. The veteran suicide rate is what should make news every Sunday not the kneeling.
Okay now back to football, it is amazing what Rogers did for the Packers but with most mobile QBs eventually they will get hurt. I have been an Eagles fan since 78 and oh what could have been in 91 if Cunningham had not been hurt. Eagles are on top right now though
BS, I guess you haven't read enough about the kneeling and the protests. From his own mouth.

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

Veterans have served the United States of America and have come home in coffins draped in that flag that stands for America. He has his right to protest and that right I served my country to protect. Among other things I served to protect is others rights. My right to boycott the national felon league. My right to tell you that you are full of it if you think this is not dissing our veterans, especially those who came home draped in that flag.

Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Senior Chief

I’m a vet , I’ve been in twice and I am offended . ***k em . And they are a bunch of thugs and degenerates . The difference between those douche bags and regular society is we would actually have to do time and be held accountable for our crimes . A dui , assault , illegal gun , bag of dope etc would’ve been certain brig time and a career ender In the Marines as it would be in my civilian job now - as would be for most of us . My employer would not let me off for community service if I beat the hell out of my ol’ lady because they would’ve already fired me when I was in jail .

Old 11-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Senior Chief

http://nflarrest.com/
Interesting link , with some interesting stats for anyone in doubt .

Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There was supposed to be a boycott by fans last weekend, be cause of Veterans day. Anyone know about turnout last weekend?

Old 11-14-2017, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
There was supposed to be a boycott by fans last weekend, be cause of Veterans day. Anyone know about turnout last weekend?
100% in my household! Did see pictures of low attendance at some fields.