THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-24-2020, 12:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Labor Day sales worth the wait??

I was planing on installing a vintage air surefit system in my trans am around October. Was gonna order it today. Then i thought it might be worth waiting till Labor Day to see if some of the big supply houses have any big sales. Has anyone gotten a deal on a vintage air system. Im seeing the price around $1489 for the complete system currently. I dont mind to wait if i can save a few bucks.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As was discussed in an early Jegs thread about free shipping, I dont know if they are going to have much for a major sale this year. The big parts companies seem to all be light on sales this year compared to years past. Perhaps due to increased shipping costs due to covid.

Maybe a smaller company like a Firebird Central or something might still have a 10% off sale for labor day. I wouldnt expect it from Summit or Jegs this year.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 08-24-2020, 02:56 PM
Senior Chief

I'd just wait and see what happens.. unless you really, really need / want it now..

Old 08-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I would worry if it will actually ARRIVE. Fedex and Postal service are not reliable lately. Have had to ask for 3 claims lately and tracking showing "arriving late" or just no updates, for weeks.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:07 PM

If you can wait, you might see what happens for Black Friday. I know a few companies do their one massive sale then.

Old 08-25-2020, 12:05 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Most places I talk to are running out of products since everyone was home working on their cars for three months. Parts are in high demand.

As far as Jegs/Summit go I am sure their handling costs have gone up due to Covid. However- even if their costs didn’t go up I can see them moving up the free freight target simply because they can