Old 09-18-2018, 04:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default O/K pick my car apart!..what's wrong/incorrect with it if anything?

Finally got an appointment with the owner/ceo of zaxby's ( a big fast food chain, opening a huge car museum)) later this week .. this should be fun.Find any flaws/incorrect things etc...putting aside the spoiler (I have the original lid w/ no spoiler) and the blacked out scoops and the exhaust..which is not correct..(manifolds and tips are)..have fun..it's definitely not perfect or concourse.. but be harsh if necessary.. just listed this last week.. link to the site with pictures.. https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...-georgia-30677

Old 09-18-2018, 05:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My biggest thing is to wonder if the color looks different in person , than it does in the pictures. Didn't see a whole lot of this color back in the day - but the few i can recall just seemed to be more ..... call it "mauve" - or tones more towards pastel brownish greyish blends in the lighter ranges.

I know you're a great painter and restoration artist on these cars.
And likely spent time verifying color.
Thats why i'm asking for your personal assessment on the color in real life.
The pictures always look more like Sierra Yellow - to me.
And i'm a painter too.

Would rather the spoiler be body color - and left ON the car.
I'm fine with everything else regardless.
AC, Cruise, Auto, Tilt, CushionSportWheel, Hcombs - love it man.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

anyone who needs to pick that car apart needs to get a life and probably doesn't own anything worth having anyway. what a unique color combo.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanx guys! I really did my best to make this as correct as possible...I don't think I missed anything..Of course it's "never" really done, always checking and improving if possible this and that as time passes..Hey Baron.. that color is one of the few "solid" colors that actually seems to change with the lighting..it can appear darker or lighter depending on the surroundings ..it is dead on correct color though as I have the original trunk lid and I went by the underside paint to match it up.. took some work ( spray test panels many times)with PPG to get it right..Thanx again for the kind words!..also have a guy in Texas that flew here to look at it..that is on going..I really pray that Zaxby's buys it though.. then I could see it whenever i want.. His museum is only about 15 miles from me!