Old 05-18-2018, 06:26 PM
Senior Chief

Default Another endura question

I have been searching old threads but haven't found the answer. I am working on this endura for the 72 TA and I have sand blasted the endura and DA sanded with 320. I am down to the brownish endura surface. There are what looks to be probably a hundred or more very fine line cracks throughout the endura. I have the flex epoxy to repair, so do I V out every one of the cracks and fill? Do I skim coat the complete endura in the flex epoxy repair material after I fill the cracks? What is considered the proper procedure? I would appreciate any input anyone may have on the situation I know Paul seems to be the authority on enduras and hope maybe he will comment also.. Thanks.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Poncho455, I have the same question and have been reading about this in the "Body Shop" section on these forums. Try searching "Endura" as their is some good information there. Dave

Old 05-18-2018, 11:07 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpoltzer View Post
Poncho455, I have the same question and have been reading about this in the "Body Shop" section on these forums. Try searching "Endura" as their is some good information there. Dave
Thanks. I did find some old posts with some good info regarding the cracks. I am going to see if the small ones sand out and v out any large ones that my finger nail gets caught in.

Old 05-19-2018, 05:32 PM
Senior Chief

Ok. The majority of the cracks are sanding out but on a few of them you can still see a darker streak where the cracks are/we're. After I DA sanded with 220 grit you cannot feel any part of the crack nor does it look cracked but you can see the darker veins in the endura as seen in the pick at the crack areas. Is it ok to cover with epoxy primer or should I still v them out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180519_150310.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	483344