The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 04-21-2018, 11:28 AM

Default Purple HVLP sale

Quick note. I know a lot of people like the Harbor Freight purple gun. They're on sale for eight dollars today and tomorrow.
Butch

Old 04-22-2018, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have one that I use for epoxy primer and it works great for that.

One thing I found out the hard way was not to leave any of the gun parts sitting in gun wash for any length of time.

One time after spraying epoxy I was rushed for time and put the air cap, tip, and needle in a cup of gun wash (recycled thinner) and when I came back a few days later they had started to corrode and I found pitting on them.

I'm not sure if this was because the gun wash had moisture in it but it is obvious that nothing in that gun is plated or anodized, and the needle is just plain steel.

My gun still works OK and these are a great value for what they are, but just wanted to pass this info along.

1970 Oshawa built 1 option Judge. 24 year restoration/upgrade project finally finished!

1979 Trans Am - low-buck drag car project for when I retire
Old 04-22-2018, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I buy them for primer guns. Work great for that, always have a back up one for those prices.