THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:57 AM
PY VIP

Default New Blog Post- please read and discuss...

http://ponchoperfection.com/the-glor...-auburn-hills/

Founding Editor-in-Chief, Poncho Perfection Magazine (October 1, 2015- present)
www.ponchoperfection.com
Contributing Editor: Collectible Automobile (1999- present)

Author:
"Grand Prix: Pontiac's Luxury Performance Car" (Released April 27, 2007)
"How to Restore Your Pontiac GTO" (Released July 15, 2012)
"Pontiac Concept and Show Cars, 1939-1980" (Release Date April, 2016)

"Leave the gun, take the cannoli."
Old 05-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I think that can only happen when a top brass person is also a real hot rodder. I've heard similar things about Jim Farley at Ford, although they've moved him over to run Ford of Europe - he's a real enthusiast who owns a couple killer street rods as well as some other hot cars. GM has had too many non-enthusiast people in charge over the years.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Aside from the mega technology that is behind these new Godzilla cars, it is astounding a company goes so blatantly in your face against the politically correct vanilla stance. Cool.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Senior Chief

Tim's attitude is the exact reason why I just purchased a 2017 Challenger on Saturday. Its an SXT though because it's going to be the wife's daily driver. The Camaro was the runner up but I'm still miffed about the Monte Carlo, Grand Prix coupe and then Pontiac being killed off.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition
Old 05-01-2017, 08:05 PM
Suspended

For Pete's sake, look at GM's CEO!!!

I'm a readahoic, so I 'read all about it when she landed the job.' She's not even a car guy...er woman...er person! She'll build a better car than her predecessors when she doesn't even know what a car is?

So what do you expect?

Hell, my youngest granddaughter, 3-years old, has better qualifications for GM's CEO because she knows what a car is.

In fact, I'd bet my mortgage-free deed, against a shovel-full of bullsh!t, that your family's 3-year old girl is better qualified for the job than GM's current CEO.

Old 05-01-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sts View Post
For Pete's sake, look at GM's CEO!!!

I'm a readahoic, so I 'read all about it when she landed the job.' She's not even a car guy...er woman...er person! She'll build a better car than her predecessors when she doesn't even know what a car is?

So what do you expect?

Hell, my youngest granddaughter, 3-years old, has better qualifications for GM's CEO because she knows what a car is.

In fact, I'd bet my mortgage-free deed, against a shovel-full of bullsh!t, that your family's 3-year old girl is better qualified for the job than GM's current CEO.
I'm assuming that since I'm first to respond and take that bet, that you'll send a PM for my address so you can send me your deed?

In all seriousness, who knows whether she's a "car enthusiast" but she has been working at GM, including starting at Pontiac, for 37 years.

https://www.gm.com/company/leadershi...ary-barra.html

Old 05-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Senior Chief

GM has had ups and downs for decades. Every time they are up, they either chicken out or get complacent and forget about the little guys that (still) love them (Chebbie). The lowest price V8 is more than twice the cost of the econo 4 or T4 that they are selling to the hipster crowds (because they cant ask Daddy for 40G's to get a Camaro). Try to get a manual transmission (even in a pickup) and you'll be looking for a long time. Guarantee it won't be behind a big block. GM's LS and New LT engines are some of the most capable platforms ever designed, compact, powerful, simple to mod...everything that should put them on top. But, that is not to be. When the bottom line has to be fat dollar signs every day of the week, you don't get corporations that take chances. GM died in 2009, after a slow and painful disease of gluttony that left us with overpriced cookie-cutter cars and trucks with no real flair, even the Camaro rebirth was a design exercise in historical dimensions, Chrysler did the same, but upped the ante every model year until we now have the Demon. GM should sell the Pontiac trademark to FCA or someone who will put the "Excitement" back into our driving! Just my 2 cents...

Old 05-01-2017, 09:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I think Dodge / FCA has done a fantastic job of picking up the Pontiac faithful. Pontiac most likely won't ever come back but this clearly makes the point that Pontiac could have been successful if the right people were making the decisions.

Old 05-01-2017, 11:01 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcitech View Post
Try to get a manual transmission (even in a pickup) and you'll be looking for a long time.
4 of the Camaros I test drove were stick.

2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Jeff Gordon Edition
2017 Dodge Challenger SXT Black Top Edition