Old 08-15-2016, 06:34 PM

Default 1972 Pontiac Grandville Convertible blower motor replacement

I got the blower motor from Ames last week but don't know where it goes. Current one is squelling somewhere behind the dash. Anyone have instructions? I ordered a Hayes manual from ebay I'm hoping will have something but it covers like 30 years so not sure how much it will have.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If you look down behind your passenger's side hood hinge inside the fender you should find it.

Old 08-22-2016, 11:56 PM
Suspended

It's baried under the fender well on the right side. You either have to remove the fender well or the complete fender assy. to change the blower motor. When I worked in the dealership we were told by GM to just cut a patch out of the fender well to get to it then bend it back & put silicone sealer to seal it back up. Looked bad & very sloppy but got it done in about 35 mins rather then the almost 2 hours to remove the fender well.

Old 08-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I worked for Pontiac we also cut a hole in the inner fender to remove the motor. If you do it neatly and undercoat the inner fender afterwards it is hardly noticeable.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:10 AM
Suspended

every time I cut one I felt like I was defiling the car. I'm just glad I wasn't the one who had to explain about cutting the wheel well to the cust. Was lucky that I wasn't a service mgr. back then , but my last 18 years I was but never had to explain about cutting someones car for something stupid like that.