THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Question Info wanted on Coos Bay, Oregon

I met the Love of My Life and hope to be moving to Oregon soon. One of the things that really excites me, besides my sweetie of course & salmon fishing 10 minutes from home & the beach about twenty minutes from home & oxygen and moisture in the air & some great people, is the 1/8th mile drag strip about thirty minute from home!!! Any info on this strip or local Pontiacers? WOW, can you imagine how different it will be for the old goat to run at sea level instead of Rocky Mntn High?!
Even with a pump gas street friendly engine crafted by Paul K, I hope to run 7.0s or better in the 1/8th once everything is sorted out!

Thanks for any info

1.41 60ft 6.45@104.97mph 10.25@127.12mph(Pontiac Heaven)
More Details on GOAT http://www.pontiaczone.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=379
GTO Burnout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZqdcH0Ltc4
Old 08-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry, I have no info to share;
I've passed through a couple times while driving the 101 from Oregon to my mom's in LA;
IIRC I cut over from the I-5 to #20 to connect with the 101 both times;

Beautiful country over there - the only stupid thing about Oregon is the gas-jockey laws which make it illegal to pump your own gas...

Had a couple near mishaps because the unionized idiot was about to start pumping the wrong gas into my car:
I've been yelled at by some of them because they thought I was going to start pumping my own gas - when in fact i was unlocking the gas cap!
This past spring a buddy was grounded when diesel was pumped into a gasoline truck hauling a car & trailer...

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
Old 08-03-2016, 04:36 PM

Probably have to change the jets to run at sea level if you are tuned for Colorado.

Old 08-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice area. Be sure to check out Clausing Oyster Farm.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 08-03-2016, 08:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The only track i've been to was in Medford. Nice track but HOT!!!!! Then did the jet boat dinner ride on the Rogue river. That was fun