Old 01-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Senior Chief

Default 67 Bumper Jack

My car has a mid December 66 build date (Pontiac plant). I have the original bumper jack but no base plate. Would this still be the 6x6 style from '66, or the later style? I'm trying to restore mine for show and need to track down a base. Any suggestions on what color blue to use for a close match?

Old 02-03-2016, 10:06 PM

I do not know the answer, but have the same question. I have a restored rectangle base, but just yesterday I was in a junk yard looking for some parts for my 67 GTO and found an original square base in the trunk of a another 67 car.

It could be possible that both are correct. One for early production cars and one for late. Sometimes they would use up existing inventory then phase in the new design part.

As for the color of blue. I believe several companies sell spray cans that they state are correct. I have a couple of nicely restored rectangle bases from other Pontiacs which I had the paint custom matched from the original color.

Last edited by jhnichols2; 02-03-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:24 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks. I think you are right in that they were both used in the '67 cars. Since mine is a '66 build date and I have a few other misc '66 parts on the car I believe to be original ('66 forked antenna is one), I am hoping to locate a square base. It's just for show as I keep a modern scissor jack in the trunk.

The blue paint is still intact on the underside of my jack so I'll try to find the closest match when I repaint.

Old 02-07-2016, 10:03 AM

My '67 was built in June 1967 at the Pontiac plant - it has a square base. I assume that it's original, it was in the car when I bought it in 1981. I just got rid of the deflated bias-ply spare that was in it last year, had a 14" radial mounted in case I ever actually needed to use it.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks Longs. If anyone's got a spare 6x6 base I'm looking for one.