THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 12-15-2015, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default How You Met Your Wife....1st date etc.....

I needed a haircut and called my friend Mary, who cut hair at home. Mary tried to get out of cutting my hair, noting that she had 2 in front of me already. I persisted and said to come on...that I'd have to wait. When I got there, Mary was working on Glenda. Mary introduced us and we all three talked while she finished with Glenda. Glenda left and I asked Mary for Glenda's number.....which Mary said she'd have to get......which was a lie. I got the number and called Glenda for a date a week later, which she agreed to. She told me later that had she had my number she would have called and backed out. We went out to eat at a nice seafood restaurant and then went to a movie. I found out later on that Glenda hates seafood and that the movie.....Beetlejuice......wasn't her favorite either.
We've been married 26 years last Sept.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My friend Steve was in my drafting classes (all four years in High School).

Steve had/has a sister; my mom noticed the change from "Steve this" and "Steve that" to "Steve's sister this" and "Steve's sister that".

We went canoe-ing down a lazy river - in the rain - for our first date.

Been together 38 years, married 33 of those.

Dated my wife in my first car and still have both.

K

'74 Chevelle - original owner, 9.85 @ 136 mph besthttp://www.superchevy.com/features/s...hevy-chevelle/
My Pontiac Story: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=560524
"Intro from an old Assembly Plant Guy":http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=342926
Old 12-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Met my wife, my last semester in college. Introduced by her identical twin (that I jokingly call "Plan B"!) Yes, we dated in my 1971 LeMans, that I am building now as my dream - A pro-street car. I have had this car since 1980, and my wife since 1988.

Old 12-15-2015, 06:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Met her because I went to school with her brother. First date was in the 69 GTO, with the bench seat. Went out for drinks, and a meal, then a ride in the country.

28 years tomorrow.

Last edited by Simple Man; 12-15-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After I got divorced,I dated a woman from my church. We broke it off after about 6 months. This woman's next door neighbor always had the hots for me,but she was a little young,and I wanted to spend some time alone at that point.
About 4 years later a nice looking woman sat down in front of me in church one Sunday,she looked familiar,but I couldn't place the face. She talked to me after the service and I was embarrassed to admit I didn't recognize her as my ex-girlfriends neighbor. It didn't matter-we've been married 9 years now.

71' GTO -original 400/4-speed/3.23 posi
13.95 @ 102.1 on street tires @ 4055lbs.

‘63 LeMans- ‘69 400 w/ original transaxle. 2.69 gears.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Senior Chief

Our 1st date was Armored Saint, Helloween, and Heretic at The Palace in Hollywood in 1987.

We just past our 28 year 'dating anniversary' and our 23 year anniversary.

www.lancablingsolutions.com
Old 12-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Was November 1979. I had recently broke it off with my girlfriend (I was 21) and my sister said "you have to meet my friend who works at the dry cleaners in town".
I knew I was way out of my league when I saw her picture but my sister invited her to her apartment for a casual dinner and the plan was I'd stop by.
Talked for hours that Friday night and set up a date for lunch that Sunday followed by a concert at "My Father's Place" (venue in Roslyn, NY) to see a Bluegrass band named "The Red Clay Ramblers".
Been together ever since (36 years, 31 married).

Old 12-15-2015, 07:57 PM

I was 19 yrs old and I was in St. Paul Minn. for a few weeks playing baseball(my last attempt at a pro career). When they sent me home the most beautiful thing I ever saw was moving into the house directly across the street with her family. We eventually started dating and have been together since 1989 and married since 1998...

Old 12-15-2015, 08:29 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Met my wife 35 years ago at a car show., She was 15, I was 20. Her Dad had his 64 Galaxie there (he still has it) and I had a 69 GTO Judge at. Now married for 28 years we have another 69 Judge. Here is us now

1969 GTO Judge Warwick blue/blue, RAIII, 4 speed, tach/gauges, Safe T track, 3.55's, ps and radio.

1971 Torino 351c 4v GT convertible. White on white with black interior
4 speed, shaker, am/fm, ps/pdb, buckets/console, ac.
One of 26 made
Old 12-15-2015, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting reading.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Mom had just been diagnosed with terminal colon cancer. I was living and working in Nashville,TN. During her initial hospital stay, she and my sisters kept talking about one of the nurses, Sandy. They kept saying "She has a great personality". Gentlemen, what comes into your mind when a relative tells you an unattached female has a "great personality"? In my mind's eye, I could see a squat woman that bore a strong resemblance to a sumo wrestler. About two weeks later, a rather fetching blonde nurse walked by me, said "Hi" and continued down the hall. I watch her walk down the hall, then noticed my 11 yr old nephew snickering. "What the hell is wrong with you?" I demanded. "That's Sandy!" That was twenty years ago. We've been together ever since. We celebrated our 18th anniversary last June.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 12-15-2015, 10:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Met wife at a house party.It was a church club event. It was a singles club. Married for 36 yrs,thick and thin.Now for the kicker,she had long black hair down to her waist, we were playing spin the bottle!

Old 12-15-2015, 10:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In '73 I was a 16 year old teenager working at a military Post Exchange store (PX), on Ft Monroe Va. I doubt that is even allowed today.
I got to be friends with one of the other guys there,(older, about 18) and eventually met his beautiful younger sister, who was 15 at the time. It was love at first sight, but sadly she didn't share the same sight.
As the summer wore on, I would stop by the house to see "her brother David" often. Sometimes I would show up too early and end up sitting with his mother and sister while waiting on David. Still getting no where.
December 1973, and David brings his sister by our work place. Parked in back is my recently acquired 1967 GTO. Gold with a black top and interior, with red lines and a 4 speed. FINALLY, her vision improved.
Next June 26th, we will be married for 40 years.

I will add that it still took 3 months for her to come around. Our first date was a trip to Suffolk Dragstrip. She sat on the console of a '69 Z-28 that I was driving, probably 6" taller than me sitting there.

Last edited by 400 4spd.; 12-15-2015 at 10:35 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool reads, I like it.

Old 12-15-2015, 10:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingn View Post
Met my wife 35 years ago at a car show., She was 15, I was 20. Her Dad had his 64 Galaxie there (he still has it) and I had a 69 GTO Judge at. Now married for 28 years we have another 69 Judge. Here is us now

I love that torino

Old 12-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

met mine at ups. she started working as a counter girl and I was shipping a trunk lid that was too big and I begged her to take it because I didn't want to pay the extra money to ship it freight. and she did and I told her I owed her one and asked her out on a date. she said yes but then freaked her out when I took her to a biker meet and you had to sign a paper stating you had no connections with law enforcement and any government agency.
looking back I guess that trunk lid turned out to be the most expensive item I have ever shipped and still costing me money dailey. lol

Old 12-15-2015, 11:07 PM
Senior Chief

First day of first grade. She was the little blonde girl with the skinny legs, I was the little farm boy with big ears. In high school she had steady boy friends and I had girl friends. Ended up double dating a few times. We both got married to other people, I went to her wedding, she was at mine.
Years pass and she lost her husband to cancer, I lost my wife suddenly. Gave her a call one night, went out to dinner, car show the next day.
That was 20 years ago. Married almost 17.

1969 Firebird 350 convertible, t-5, Carousel Red
2008 Solstice GXP 5speed manual, Sly
2008 Grand Prix, Ink Slate, Winter daily driver
2009 G8, Switchblade Silver, summer daily driver
Old 12-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle_collector View Post
met mine at ups. she started working as a counter girl and I was shipping a trunk lid that was too big and I begged her to take it because I didn't want to pay the extra money to ship it freight. and she did and I told her I owed her one and asked her out on a date. she said yes but then freaked her out when I took her to a biker meet and you had to sign a paper stating you had no connections with law enforcement and any government agency.
looking back I guess that trunk lid turned out to be the most expensive item I have ever shipped and still costing me money dailey. lol

A good testimonial for using FedEx.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Senior Chief

Hanging around my cousin and his girlfriend I met her sister. She started bugging him to get me to go out with her. I kept declining her, as I was just not into her. She called me on new years eve and asked me out, I declined again but she kept begging me. She then said she had a friend that was gonna go out with us. I talked to her friend on the phone and she convinced me to go out with them. I ended up with the friend at the end of night. The friendship for them didn't last, but we have been together since, that was new years eve 1986.

Old 12-15-2015, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Blind date, late 1963. Remember opening the trunk of my "really cool" 50 Chevy Bel Air hardtop and proceeding to close the trunk lid on my right foot. She laughed her a$$ off but worked for me. 50 years coming up 2/5/2016. Even my mother couldn't stand me that long, tolerate, YES, stand NO!