67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 12-06-2015, 11:09 PM

Default 68 bird what to do

Anyone do a 68 bird as a rat rod??

I have a 68 bird that I have had since 1983 it has been sitting since 1994.
On Friday I got a notice from the city saying I can't have abandoned derelict vehicles on my property .

This means one of my neighbours complained to the city .

So my thought was to preserve it's ugliness but make it safe to drive and
piss off whoever called the city on me .

what are your thoughts??

Old 12-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sounds like a plan!!! I like it!!

Old 12-06-2015, 11:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Register and plate it, then they can say anything, after that, open exhaust. Then start it everyday at 8 am even weekends!!!!!!! LOL

Old 12-07-2015, 06:14 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes, definitely enjoy the car for the "benefit" of your neighbors.

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 12-07-2015, 11:13 PM

how do you attach a photo ??

Old 12-07-2015, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69camarox View Post
how do you attach a photo ??
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=773197

Old 12-07-2015, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't you love neighbors who can't mind their own business?

Old 12-07-2015, 11:53 PM

trying to load pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0407x.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	415106  

Old 12-07-2015, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunctionalShaker View Post
Don't you love neighbors who can't mind their own business?
yea not so much!!!

Old 12-08-2015, 06:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, plate it and give everyone the finger. I've been down that road. Any time a house went up for sale on my block I would get a letter.

My car has spent years in primer. I've grown fond of that look - I don't have to freak out if a kid gets close with a bike. It makes for great conversation on what it "will" or "could" be.

Old 12-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a court date on Dec 15th for a citation for working on my own truck in my own driveway with plates and insurance on it, friggin communist state.........

Jacked it up to repair the transmission wiring, so they cited me for inoperable vehicle on private property because it sat there for longer than 3 days. They even took a video of it. I lost the first hearing because the magistrate said it was a safety issue because it was jacked up. Really, the front wheels up on ramps, the rear wheels sitting on 8 X 8 oak blocks, plus jack stands under the rear axle. After working on cars and equipment for 45+ years I believe I know how to raise a vehicle safely so there are no safety issues.

The decision was no fine, but pay the court costs of $105, nope not happening! So I go back to another court in the county courthouse next week.

Hey azzhole, who was working under it while it was jacked up?
The vehicle ran, drove, and was plated with insurance and current tags. I even started it up while he was there giving me a ticket, then let it down and drove it around, and found him on patrol to show him the truck was operable within 2 hours of receiving the citation. Didn't make any difference, still lost the first hearing, although no fine.

Same deal that some nosy neighbor that doesn't have the balls to say anything to my face, uses the cops to do his bidding and they're dumb enough to get sucked into it instead of saying, "Sorry, there is nothing illegal about working on your own car at your own house".

The good thing is as far as I can find out, the complaint is public record and I can find out who submitted the complaint. In my years of fighting this crap no one is 100% within all the ordinances and statutes and when you turn the table on them and get them in trouble with the law, even if their 6 foot privacy fence is 6 feet 1 inch, the complaints stop, at least from that person.

Giving them a dose of their own medicine seems to work very well. Last time in PA I had a neighbor that I knew called, and called on me. He erected a split rail fence at the corner of his driveway where it meets the road. Even though there were 8 other houses on our road that had the same type of fence, I singled him out, and he had to tear it down and move it back out of the right of way. Looked pretty stupid halfway between the street and the house with the rails extending into the middle of his yard at a right angle to the driveway. Probably a pain to mow around too. The zoning board stopped coming to my house after that though....................

They sure hate it when the tables get turned on them, just a reminder, fight fire with fire. Don't just pay the fine, fight it. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are an inalienable right given to us to use by the The Declaration Of Independence. We let our government too many times stomp on our rights, and just shrug and give up.

One other thing, DO NOT allow them on your property without a warrant. Information gained by trespassing on your property without your permission is a huge red flag. They have no right to browse around on your property to gather evidence to prosecute you. In my case I was well within the sight from the road. I do however have some vehicles behind my house, hidden that I believe will be next on their list.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Last edited by Sirrotica; 12-08-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

That is pretty scary that gov has that much power to tell us what to do on our own property. Unbelievable.

Hey 69CamaroX does the car run?

You asked if anyone has ever done a rat rod bird. That is basically my thoughts on my third car. I say go for it. Its got some great patina. Get it road worthy, put some nice rims and tire on it and put some cherry bomb mufflers coming out the side. Don't forget to always drive in 1st gear through your neighborhood

Old 12-08-2015, 04:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I enjoy the old cars to get in touch with my youth, and in my youth most of these cars were gas guzzling beaters. Having a project in some state of rough preservation or "someday" actually keeps me MORE connected to a time in life that was AWESOME. Somebody on here in the last year or so picked up a car that seemed like a time capsule from 1983, and I loved it.

Old 12-08-2015, 04:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
I have a court date on Dec 15th for a citation for working on my own truck in my own driveway with plates and insurance on it, friggin communist state.........

Jacked it up to repair the transmission wiring, so they cited me for inoperable vehicle on private property because it sat there for longer than 3 days. They even took a video of it. I lost the first hearing because the magistrate said it was a safety issue because it was jacked up. Really, the front wheels up on ramps, the rear wheels sitting on 8 X 8 oak blocks, plus jack stands under the rear axle. After working on cars and equipment for 45+ years I believe I know how to raise a vehicle safely so there are no safety issues.

The decision was no fine, but pay the court costs of $105, nope not happening! So I go back to another court in the county courthouse next week.

Hey azzhole, who was working under it while it was jacked up?
The vehicle ran, drove, and was plated with insurance and current tags. I even started it up while he was there giving me a ticket, then let it down and drove it around, and found him on patrol to show him the truck was operable within 2 hours of receiving the citation. Didn't make any difference, still lost the first hearing, although no fine.

Same deal that some nosy neighbor that doesn't have the balls to say anything to my face, uses the cops to do his bidding and they're dumb enough to get sucked into it instead of saying, "Sorry, there is nothing illegal about working on your own car at your own house".

The good thing is as far as I can find out, the complaint is public record and I can find out who submitted the complaint. In my years of fighting this crap no one is 100% within all the ordinances and statutes and when you turn the table on them and get them in trouble with the law, even if their 6 foot privacy fence is 6 feet 1 inch, the complaints stop, at least from that person.

Giving them a dose of their own medicine seems to work very well. Last time in PA I had a neighbor that I knew called, and called on me. He erected a split rail fence at the corner of his driveway where it meets the road. Even though there were 8 other houses on our road that had the same type of fence, I singled him out, and he had to tear it down and move it back out of the right of way. Looked pretty stupid halfway between the street and the house with the rails extending into the middle of his yard at a right angle to the driveway. Probably a pain to mow around too. The zoning board stopped coming to my house after that though....................

They sure hate it when the tables get turned on them, just a reminder, fight fire with fire. Don't just pay the fine, fight it. Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are an inalienable right given to us to use by the The Declaration Of Independence. We let our government too many times stomp on our rights, and just shrug and give up.

One other thing, DO NOT allow them on your property without a warrant. Information gained by trespassing on your property without your permission is a huge red flag. They have no right to browse around on your property to gather evidence to prosecute you. In my case I was well within the sight from the road. I do however have some vehicles behind my house, hidden that I believe will be next on their list.
Hell yeah! Fight the power!

I've been through my own code compliance bs, but never had to appear.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM

problem is it needs all new floors and a left rear frame rail. I have a nice southern body that I was going to transfer all the good parts of this car on to, but that will make too nice of car for this purpose. lol

Old 12-08-2015, 11:59 PM
Suspended

>Sounds like a plan!!! I like it!!<

X2

Nice looking ride! Love it! That thing would be a major hit with the guys I know.

Tag the dog, no matter what it costs, and park it in whatever legally-parked area that ensures the complainant can see it every day. In MD, the car doesn’t need to run, and you can legally register it with historic tags. Some states let you use vintage tags. MD charges a one-time $25 fee to switch historic to vintage tags. If your state has historic registration and allows the use of vintage tags, find a set of beaten-up tags, for frosting on the cake.

If you follow through with your plans, it helps avenge py members who have had static about their rides. Too bad that your car doesn’t look like mine did because it would really piss’em off!

On or about 11/10/86, four or five days after I put the car on the road, the apartment complex, said that I couldn’t park the car on the property. It was legally registered; it passed a legitimate, TX-state vehicle inspection, with a new safety sticker on the windshield; and it was insured. The notice on my apartment door had a dissertation about maintaining the “community’s ambiance.” I thought that it was absolutely gorgeous but, obviously, it was jmi.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	car1resized.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	415192  

Old 12-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The subject of property values seems to always get thrown into the mix when older automotive specimens are addressed by the powers to be. Just one time I'd like to find a ordinance, statute, or law that guarantees that your property value will remain the same, or increase.

To my knowledge there is no legislation that guarantees that, and if there is the people on Wall Street must be responsible for my decrease in property value starting in 2008. Maybe a class action law suit against the greedy bastids that caused my property values to sink by about 30%. Naw, they're protected from stuff like that.

I never have seen an old car sitting in a neighborhood that could send property values plummeting like Wall Street did a few years ago.....................

It's things like this that make me want to re-decorate the outside of my house in lilac, with pink trim, with green, and orange accents.................

1984 Grand Prix

Old 12-09-2015, 08:41 AM

I'm glad for my own neighbors. I shoveled the older neighbors snow he baked me fresh bread till he pasted away. Next neighbor was a little standoffish I was also running a legal business from home. I asked him if he would like me to extend my privacy fence he's been nice ever since. Other neighbor I take care of also he's older fix his stuff he buys me jerky and his wife bakes me cookies. I would paint that car camo or pop art something to really piss them off. Watch open headers there are are noise regs. Don't want to let them win.

Old 12-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
It's things like this that make me want to re-decorate the outside of my house in lilac, with pink trim, with green, and orange accents.................
In other words like some of the million dollar plus homes I've seen in San Francisco?

1970 Buick Skylark Custom convertible(driver) Fire Red
1972 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 Royal Blue
Old 12-09-2015, 09:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wovenweb View Post
In other words like some of the million dollar plus homes I've seen in San Francisco?
Could be, I've never been to San Francisco........

1984 Grand Prix