EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Old 11-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Holley Sniper Vs Fitech TB EFI

I plan to purchase on of these EFI systems.

http://fitechefi.com/default.asp.pg-Products

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...on/sniper_efi/

I have researched both of these products and they look to be very similar. I don't know as much about the holley, but the response that I have seen on the fitech is nothing but positive. I get that these are simply a carb replacement and not a performance enhancer, my hope is to get a little more accurate "tune" of my car and some reliability in starting it as my Wife will be driving this at times. The March release date works fine for my needs but would like to have everything up and running by May.............we will see!

Any thoughts on either of these two systems? Holley look like it may have some more bells and whistles, but the Fitech sounds to be very well developed.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 11-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is the holley actually for sale yet? Original word said should hit the market early 2016 I think. So I dont think there will be much side by side comparison yet.

The fuel command center might be a sell point for some on the FItech side. I had heard some Terminator or FAST Efi users had adapted Edelbrocks similar fuel system for use. Holley may now have their own version, Im not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 11-20-2015, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holley is taking preorders, but not shipping till April of 2016.

Agree about the command center. looks to be nice system and would likely use that with the sniper if I went that direction.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Since your in MN. and this is probably a summer car, If you go FiTech, wait till they release the newer version with the Bosch 4.9 sensor, it is a bit more accurate. Don't have any details about the Holly yet.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to JLMounce

I think people will find that both will serve their needs. Holley generally has pretty good product support and so far FiTech has been awesome to deal with. They are always available if you need something.

The bodies look very similar and it wouldn't surprise me if they were both coming out of the same factories. The FiTech unit is from china but I don't have a single concern with the unit they sent me. It's quality is more than I expected based on the price point.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:30 PM
Senior Chief

I wonder if the Holley system will fit the stock manifolds and shaker/ram air air cleaners better.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by promptcritical View Post
I wonder if the Holley system will fit the stock manifolds and shaker/ram air air cleaners better.
I would bet they are very similar if not the same height, not sure about the drop base causing interference though.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by promptcritical View Post
Doubtful. If you look at the two units, they are remarkably similar and both are going to be square bore in nature.

You're likely going to run into the same fitment issues on factory intakes and with shaker cars as you do with the FiTech EFI. Although a few have made it work with modification.

for reference.

Sniper EFI:

FiTech EFI:

Old 11-20-2015, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The screen on the Sniper unit would suggest that it may have more functions than the FITech.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpman View Post
The screen on the Sniper unit would suggest that it may have more functions than the FITech.
It does look to be a bit bigger. The FiTech handheld does give you realtime gauges that you can customize for what you want to see. You can also leave the dashboard up and scroll through all sensor perimeters if you'd like. That would be somewhat dangerous during vehicle operation though.

I don't really have any complaints about the FiTech handheld, but a nitpicky thing is that if you select less than 4 real time displays for large gauges, the screen doesn't scale to fit things in a great manor. For instance, if I selected only 2 items (water and vacuum for example) it would give me water and vacuum and a whole bunch of extra blank space, instead of making those gauges larger to fill the entire space.

My solution is just to monitor 4 items. Myself I monitor water, vacuum, volts and AFR.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I have nothing but good things to say about fitech. My unit is up and running and ever time I call them I get to talk to some body that can answer my questions. I would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Does the FiTech require vacuum to operate? A lot of 550-600 HP motors will not have much vacuum. The Sniper requires 8" vacuum to work. It does not support boost or NOS. It does require a water and O2 sensor. It will control timing with the right distributor. Don't know where its made yet. And 90 day warranty.

Old 11-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Senior Chief

I do not think the fitech requires vacuum. I have it on my car and it shows vacuum less than 8 when running

Old 11-20-2015, 05:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by John62 View Post
Does the FiTech require vacuum to operate? A lot of 550-600 HP motors will not have much vacuum. The Sniper requires 8" vacuum to work. It does not support boost or NOS. It does require a water and O2 sensor. It will control timing with the right distributor. Don't know where its made yet. And 90 day warranty.
I'm sure it uses vacuum in cruise and idle fueling calculations. My engine does not develop much vacuum (only about 9.5" at idle) and the unit idles just fine for me.

The basic FiTech unit does not support boost or nitrous controls. That's not to say you couldn't use nitrous with it, but the basic unit won't trigger it or retard timing etc. For that you'd want to step up to the Go EFI 8 or GO EFI boost if you don't need support for more than 600hp while using nitrous or boost.

Old 11-20-2015, 06:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I will get an Fitech system. All other things being equal, I like a competitive player in the market that ISN'T owned by Holley.

Unfortunately, it probably won't be long before Holley throws a big stack of cash at Fitech and buys them out anyways. Buy a competitor out when they are small so you don't have to compete when they are bigger, AND you inherit their proprietary tech.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Senior Chief

Holley is also selling a new system called Terminator Stealth for the same price. Not sure the advantages or disadvantages to the Stealth vs the Sniper.

Old 11-21-2015, 08:27 AM
Senior Chief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKXaWfcmBM

Old 11-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Senior Chief

For your viewing pleasure, I enjoyed watching this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iry0QhiuulM

Old 11-21-2015, 10:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I emailed Holley to try and get some more info. They did not send me the specs I was looking for, but did get this response.

-
Hello,
The Sniper EFI will use the Bosch 02 sensor. The Unit will have 2 full manifold vacuum ports 1 timed vacuum port for vacuum advance distributor. It will have 2 fan outputs and 1 fuel pump output and 1 A/C kick output. Yes we are taking preorders and should be available 4/30/16.

Thanks

Shane Whitescarver
Technical
Service Representative

Old 11-21-2015, 01:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Is it just me or would anyone else feel better about the Holley Sniper if the opening was blended like the FiTech?

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.