Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ford Ranger Ball Joints

I know Ford has had issues with ball joints in the past. Mostly on their larger trucks. Is it just as common on the smaller Ranger trucks? If so how gard is it to replace and what brand makes a good one

I checked rockauto.com and found at least 15 or 20 different ones

Old 09-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Senior Chief

I changed mine on my 97 ranger 2 wheel drive.i had mine pressed out and I installed the new ones.i would use moog or something from napa.i didn't take long to complete

Old 09-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm thoroughly convinced that no matter what kind of problem you have, there is a YouTube video that will help you figure it out. You could also find a Ranger forum to help with this job. There are sellers on eBay, like Detroit Axle, who sell complete kits for good prices.