Old 09-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Looking for my first ride 65 GTO

This feels like my lucky day so what the heck. If I win the lottery in Illinois, I get an IOU!!!! This has to be better!!!
I don't have the VIN but:

Maroon coupe, black interior, 3X2, 4 spd., T.I. (may still be on car), rally gauges, AM radio with reverb, NO console, had air bags when sold (1974), maroon lace paint job with reverse black pin stripe.
Most distinguishing marks: drivers side hood repaired where flywheel pieces went thru. Also floor pan where accel pedal mounts had huge repair from said flywheel!!! ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! "Bill"!

Old 09-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

No help on the car but wouldn't mind hearing the flywheel story!

Old 09-01-2015, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i found and parted a car that matches that description in a junk yard in the St Louis area..in Illinois...in a small yard..the old guy died and his kids where done with the yard...right outside of Waterloo Il

It took a hard hit in the passenger fender, right front...it buckled the pass door so bad it wouldnt open...the motor was gone but the posi was there....i took pedals, hood scoop, and the VIN info..and PHS's it and it came back as a trips car...

i left the hood because it was damaged by a flywheel explosion..or at least thats what i thought...and the gauges where gone...another friend took the rear... it was 3.90s with metalic brakes..and what got me interested, was it had cragars and both cheater slicks where...well slick to the cords...the amplifier was still under the hood, but was so screwed up, i left it..i had a month to strip the car before the crusher showed up..and never got back to do anything with it

i dont remember lace paint...because the car was sun baked so bad..but the rest is a dead match..but they probably made a few thousand with those details

I have to think it out to give a time frame..

i'm sure its gone,,the wreck is what killed the car...and someone stripped a bunch of the interior out etc and had a tree growing up and around the car..like a bush, it had sat there so long

theres a huge, high end subdivision there...i think about it when i drive thru that area for work...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Last edited by marxjunk; 09-01-2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Seems to me I had either 4:33's or 512's at that time. Should of had a line-loc.
Same ole story with the scars. To much RPM and no scatter proof bell housing. My buddy here still has a piece of the flywheel or, at least, he tells me he still has it.
Frame should have had tow bar weldments on the frame. Hope it wasn't mine. I'm still hoping!!! "Bill"!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i know this had 3.90 coding with metallic brakes on the housing...i never saw inside...my buddy went back and got the rear..PHS said 3.90s too..he was really excited to get the rear..of course he was going to use it, and thats why i let him get it....it went right on the internet...i never understood why people just cant be honest...i didnt want to mess with it anyway..but why lie?

it was 1999 or 2000...a year before the Rams won the superbowl...i was dating my buddies sister...thats about all i can remember..i drank a bit back then..

i may have the trim tag and PHS..but i dont know...ive moved across the country 4 times for my job since then..and i havent seen that stuff in a long time...only real 65 Tripower car i ever found..lol...and it was built to race..looking back..it may have been restorable by todays standards, but then it was a parts car at best....prob not even that..it was so ruff

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."