Old 07-17-2015, 05:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Removing 66 Bonneville "Conv" Visor Brackets

Greetings friends. I have a slight problem. I can't see any screws that secure the visor brackets on a 66 Bonneville "Conv" I need to remove the visors, and have them recovered by SMS. What am I missing here? I feel foolish, but after a day looking I'm at odds. Thanks friends. Mike

Last edited by RR67GTO; 07-17-2015 at 05:09 AM. Reason: forgot something
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You should have three screws on the bracket on the bottom. The two larger ones holds the bracket to the windshield frame. The third screw which is smaller lets you remove the visor. This is on my 65 but I am sure 66 is the same.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:35 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

You can buy replacements complete rather than recovering. I just go a pair for my 2+2 VERT. They match my new seats and panels excellent.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sorry it took so long to respond, been very busy. Thank you, I have the visors off, and SMS is going to restore them for me. They are only 15 miles away,and have original material, and the cost is the same as aftermarket visors. Thanks for the information. I have to see if I can get new screws for the visor brackets. Good day friends. Mike