Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Old 01-28-2015, 11:38 AM
Senior Chief

Default Salvage yards in NJ area

Anyone know of any salvage yards in the North/central NJ area that still have classic cars (not necessarily Pontiac, but that would be nice ? Most near me have closed in recent years (GI in Pine Brook, Roxbury in Wharton, etc.). The only one I know of is Absolute in Middlesex and their prices are thru the roof

Old 01-28-2015, 11:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

We use Allamuchy... do not know what they have...

908-852-7444

400HO / TKX 3.27 1ST GEAR-.72OD / 3.36 POSI
HOTCHKIS/UMI/BILSTEIN
Old 01-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Southern NJ we have Friendship Used Auto Parts on New Rd, Tabernacle, NJ they still let people walk the yard & have old stuff.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy Not likely

Ever since back when Whitman came through with all her EPA BS the real yards where fading away.
Texas Road in the Morganville area was one of the best locations with several great yards.
I have not been there in over 25 years.
Back in the days of being able to pull your own parts at your own risk!
By the '90s it was over for me in that area, saved a lot of good Pontiac's.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:52 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Allamuchy is all late model. Jeff is right, Whitman ruined it for the NJ salvage yards. I have combed the North Jersey ones years ago for parts and there is nothing old left. If you find it you are paying top dollar for rust.

I have been to a couple in PA that have some old stuff and still let you walk around but there too you deal with a lot of rust.

I would suggest finding a good 4 door for a parts car, saves you a lot $$ in the long run.
Gary

Old 01-30-2015, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to takid455

Allamuchy (Old B&J) believe is merged with Roxbury.

Columbia Too is the only one and they are crushing out. Mostly older Caddys. The T/A's have been long picked by yours truely.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Senior Chief

Where is allamuchy and columbia locations? Also when you said merged with Roxbury are they still on Dewey Ave. or in Allamucyh?

The best one about 15 yrs. ago was GI in Pine Brook, I remember around 2000 or so there were actually several 68 Lemans and a 69 skylark all in the same row. The lemans actually had 2 front bumpers and grilles sitting on the ground in front of it. Also lots of 80's regals and cutlasses which share a lot of parts with the GTO's. Roxbury had a dedicated old-car section which was always changing. I believe they are still open but not a walk-in yard any more.

The best one near me is prob. Absolute, they still have an old car section, but who wants to pay $45-$50 for a single used wheel/tire?