Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:49 AM
Senior Chief

Default How to connect E-brake cables on 79 Trans Am 4wheel disc

I have installed all three E-brake cables on my 1979 Trans Am but when I try to join them at the center of the car its always one cable that will not reach the connector.

I can either hook up the passenger side cable or the driver side cable into the connector...because one or the other ends up just short about a 1/4 so that I cannot hook it into the connector.

Is there some sort of adjustment that needs to be made so that both rear cables will reach the silver connector? That silver connector in the pic below where it connects the driver side rear and passenger side rear is what I am trying to put them into.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You have a picture?

Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Are you using the disc brake cables or drum cables? The right cable is routed underneath and can be seen from behind the car, is the factory routing maintained? X2 on no pictures posted.