67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 69 Firebird gauge differences

I was moving a bunch of stuff out of my shed and since I had it out figured someone may find this interesting. Here's a picture of the backside of the three gauge options for a 69 Firebird. The left is a standard gauge idiot lights, center is the Rally gauges with oil and temp, and the right is the rare stacked gauges with in-dash tach.

I bought the stacked gauges from an East coast car. An odd duck, it was a 350 2 barrel car with a 4-speed. Whoever owned it put it up on concrete blocks and let it sit so long the frame just rusted through. I also bought the wring harness for the four speakers and the kick panels. Here's a front view:

The lens and piece that goes behind it are the same on all three gauges. The Rally and stacked gauges look like they have a different plate that bolts on the back (I haven't taken them apart). Note on the stacked gauges there's a wire that's missing from the other two (see where the harness plugs in). The speedometer is the same for all three and interchangeable. I need to have the stacked gauges restored, so if anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it.

Here's something you don't see everyday, an NOS fuel gauge for the stacked gauges. I bought it off eBay years ago.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice to have these pics for referance and see all the different connections part involved particulary the top 2 clusters backside pic on how the wiring is set up.