Old 10-09-2013, 02:26 PM

Default Indiana Pontiacs Moving?

Anybody got the scoop on what's happening with Steve and Indiana Pontiacs? The website says they are moving but not with the many cars he has...only parts, his shop, etc. Also, not sure if this is permanent but you must now pick-up all purchases.

Indiana Pontiacs has been extremely helpful to my '68 Bonneville restoration from major parts to minor little things like molding clips. While I'm glad I got most of what I needed before this happened, I'm hoping he'll be back up and running soon with the vast array of parts he used to have...not sure though if he's not taking the cars themselves.

Anybody know what's happening with that outfit? Below is what it says on his website:

"Moving my warehouse all month of OCT. CRAZY scrap prices on heavy stuff. Engines $100!!!! FREE tranny. Stuff like that. Seats $10-up. YOU MUST PICK UP!!! I am NOT moving all my cars. Just my actual shop/parts warehouse/office. All parts priced to MOVE, come get this stuff. Currently not taking ANY orders. You must attend an Open House to get parts."

Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I know they lost a sales guy recently who was an important employee. Didnt they just move a couple of years ago?

Old 10-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

His yard is NOT MOVING.

He is moving his OFFICE

He rented the space he was using for his office. This is where he stored all the trim parts seats, carbs ect ect ect. He is having to clean out his office to make room for the new renter.

So the really bad thing is no bathroom. Unless he gets a port o potty.

Brian his inside sales guy is a close friend who was laid off from work. So Steve gave him something to do.

He has always been in Muncie, He had attempted to move closer to home but was declined a permit to operate a salvage yard.
Moving 200 plus cars would not be much fun. I do not see him moving his yard unless someone offered him a very large amount of cash.

Hope this helps.

patrick

Last edited by 65WJ; 10-09-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: info
The Following User Says Thank You to 65WJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whew.

Thanks for the update, Patrick!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 PM

Thanks for the info.

I guess this is not good news for us if he doesn't take/keep his fleet of cars. What kind of business can he do without those cars or did he have a ton of parts in his office?

Brian was fantastic. Extremely helpful, quick turnaround, you name it. I actually never dealt directly with Steve.

Still curious how he'll conduct business and I guess he won't be picking up cars around the country and bringing them back to Muncie, right?

Old 10-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Martin View Post
Thanks for the info.

I guess this is not good news for us if he doesn't take/keep his fleet of cars. What kind of business can he do without those cars or did he have a ton of parts in his office?

Brian was fantastic. Extremely helpful, quick turnaround, you name it. I actually never dealt directly with Steve.

Still curious how he'll conduct business and I guess he won't be picking up cars around the country and bringing them back to Muncie, right?
Dunno, but I love the videos and pics he posts on Facebook.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Suspended

Hay, can someone help me I don't know Indiana Pontiacs, where are they & where are they located?? Also do they have a web site so we can see what he has. I'm not that far from Muncie IN. & am always looking for 73 GTO parts. Does he have any parts for the 73-77 A-bodies?? Web address???

Old 10-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Senior Chief

http://www.indianapontiacs.com/

Old 10-10-2013, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexs73gto View Post
Hay, can someone help me I don't know Indiana Pontiacs, where are they & where are they located?? Also do they have a web site so we can see what he has. I'm not that far from Muncie IN. & am always looking for 73 GTO parts. Does he have any parts for the 73-77 A-bodies?? Web address???
Im sure they may have some GTO parts but I think based on the pictures they post, they may be more in to late fifties and sixties full size stuff.

Old 10-10-2013, 09:38 AM

What name is Steve under on Facebook? I don't see him at "Indiana Pontiacs", nor did I see a Steve Snyder profile that was him.

Would love to see the videos you mention...

Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

NO A bodies only B bodies. 1 burned up 68 lemans a few 63 tempest's
He is relocating ONLY his SALES office. Until that move is complete He is only selling parts on open house dates.
He is still dragging parts cars back to his yard along with a few nice, really nice drivers for sale.
Yes his back room is full of parts hundreds and hundreds of small trim big trim misc stuff. parts parts parts and more parts.
It will take some time and lots of volonteers to help complete.
www.indianapontiacs.com

patrick

Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
What name is Steve under on Facebook? I don't see him at "Indiana Pontiacs", nor did I see a Steve Snyder profile that was him.

Would love to see the videos you mention...
Not on facebook as Indiana Pontiacs.
He does post parts for sale in Full size pontiacs, pontiacs for sale iirc

patrick

Old 10-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Besides, who needs FB when we have the PY forums??

Old 10-22-2013, 08:23 AM

I just noticed that Steve is now selling his car carrier which seems to mean he won't be traveling around saving old Pontiacs. If so, such a shame as I'd mentioned previously.

My current restoration wouldn't have been as possible without his help/parts. Among other parts, the golden find/purchase I made was an almost perfect '68 steering wheel (a 9 out of 10) for a very reasonable price. Almost perfect clear thermoplastic with no cracks and only a tiny amount of discoloration.

Seems like now there will be one less reliable, Pontiac only, place to obtain old parts. Maybe Frank's is the only one left?

I'm hoping he has some other plan to continue restocking parts and getting in new ones, etc...

Old 10-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
I just noticed that Steve is now selling his car carrier which seems to mean he won't be traveling around saving old Pontiacs. If so, such a shame as I'd mentioned previously.

My current restoration wouldn't have been as possible without his help/parts. Among other parts, the golden find/purchase I made was an almost perfect '68 steering wheel (a 9 out of 10) for a very reasonable price. Almost perfect clear thermoplastic with no cracks and only a tiny amount of discoloration.

Seems like now there will be one less reliable, Pontiac only, place to obtain old parts. Maybe Frank's is the only one left?

I'm hoping he has some other plan to continue restocking parts and getting in new ones, etc...
If he selling one of his haulers, it probably because he's getting another one or better one, gotta remember Steve has a full time job on top of the Pontiac business, its alot of work just by itself, he does this because he loves the cars and want to keep as many as possible on the road! best thing the Pontiac community can do is support yards like Indiana Pontiacs, and Pontiac Heaven in AZ, if you don't these cars will end up scrapped and become Hondas!

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 PM

I hope you are right about the hauler. Just seems to me more negative than status que or positive. I don't believe he got that hauler all to long ago. Yes, I'm aware he is a fire fighter I believe.

I agree with you 100%. I've used and support both organizations. In addition to my fantastic steering wheel I've purchased a great fender, nice door, numerous stainless parts/moldings and many, many little things such as molding clips, etc from Steve. With Franks, I love his website with the detailed photo's of many of his parts. Got a great 4 core radiator from him among several other parts. The best things about these two business' is that they are/were constantly seeking out parts and parts cars to add to their inventories.

I'm crossing my fingers you are right and Steve is not down-sizing or eventually getting out of the business.

Old 10-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pont406 View Post
If he selling one of his haulers, it probably because he's getting another one or better one, gotta remember Steve has a full time job on top of the Pontiac business, its alot of work just by itself, he does this because he loves the cars and want to keep as many as possible on the road! best thing the Pontiac community can do is support yards like Indiana Pontiacs, and Pontiac Heaven in AZ, if you don't these cars will end up scrapped and become Hondas!
How does supporting a salvage yard return a vintage Pontiac back to the road?

I've said it before, selling these projects when people like Father and Sons teams were seeking affordable project, or fellow PY members were BEGGING for a project...that was the perfect time.

Now days, I suspect 99% of these yard projects will be crushed as the hobby winds down.

Just my two cents...

Old 10-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Well, having good quality used parts at Franks Pontiac Parts and Indiana Pontiacs helped get my vintage Pontiac on the road. It makes it so much more affordable to purchase a nice fender for $300 then to pay a body shop to restore a damaged/rusted fender for much more than that.

Steve Snyder hunts down old Pontiacs soon to be crushed, brings them to his yard and sell us the parts.

Invaluable is the only word for Frank & Steve. That's why I'm so concerned about what's up with Indiana Pontiacs.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well, having good quality used parts at Franks Pontiac Parts and Indiana Pontiacs helped get my vintage Pontiac on the road. It makes it so much more affordable to purchase a nice fender for $300 then to pay a body shop to restore a damaged/rusted fender for much more than that.

Steve Snyder hunts down old Pontiacs soon to be crushed, brings them to his yard and sell us the parts.
Frank, Steve and Steve (gotta remember Steve Barcak at Pontiac Heaven!) are unsung heroes to the traditional Pontiac hobbyist.

Quote:
Invaluable is the only word for Frank & Steve. That's why I'm so concerned about what's up with Indiana Pontiacs.
Word around the campfire is that Indiana Pontiacs is here for the foreseeable future.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:34 PM

Good to hear!

Yes, totally forgot about Pontiac Heaven although I haven't yet had the opportunity to purchase anything from them. I have had helpful inquiries though with Steve about potential parts.

Also, Pontiac Jon (Jon Fiedler) is another one to mention. I'm just about ready to purchase a major part from him.