THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Biding on old cars on now

IT is on the history cl.

Old 09-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

.... did you see who the winning bidder was on the first truck, the chevy cameo? the one that went for $140K?? i think it was Steve Ames of Ames Performance Engineering. he was wearing a black GTO cap and even got a little bit of T.V. time after he won it.......very interesting story on those old cars!!!!!

Old 09-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Senior Chief

The coverage is HORRIBLE! I don't know who the jackass is sitting with Rutledge Wood, but he is an absolute MORON! Did they just call the actor's union and ask for the most desperate person to work for scale? Cripes...HORRIBLE.

Cars and trucks are selling for brain damage. I was never one to be interested in extremely low mileage vehicles because their value is in their mileage. That being said, there is some really sweet old iron in that field.

Mark Twain
Old 09-28-2013, 11:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbirdta View Post
.... did you see who the winning bidder was on the first truck, the chevy cameo? the one that went for $140K?? i think it was Steve Ames of Ames Performance Engineering. he was wearing a black GTO cap and even got a little bit of T.V. time after he won it.......very interesting story on those old cars!!!!!
I saw the( pontiac hat first) I dont know him, Bunch of chevy folks with a lot of money, I dont see that kind of $$$s in that rust.

Old 09-29-2013, 07:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs down If they would have just STFU! in might have been worth watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Goat View Post
The coverage is HORRIBLE! I don't know who the jackass is sitting with Rutledge Wood, but he is an absolute MORON! Did they just call the actor's union and ask for the most desperate person to work for scale? Cripes...HORRIBLE
No doubt, I turned it off, it was nothing but a bunch of fools both in the field & on the stage. Commercial after commercial was to much.

And here I didn't think anything would make the BJ circus look good

Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 PM
Suspended

I remember a few years ago at bj auction: The idiot who wears black-frame glasses, the mouth-piece for Speedvision, mentioned the ‘nice Buick Le Saddle’ on stage, so it’s par for the course.

The Following User Says Thank You to sts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Goat View Post
The coverage is HORRIBLE! I don't know who the jackass is sitting with Rutledge Wood, but he is an absolute MORON! Did they just call the actor's union and ask for the most desperate person to work for scale? Cripes...HORRIBLE.

Cars and trucks are selling for brain damage. I was never one to be interested in extremely low mileage vehicles because their value is in their mileage. That being said, there is some really sweet old iron in that field.
I think that the guy sitting with Rutledge was a car guy. He sat in one once. So much for credentials.

The Following User Says Thank You to arbys For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You pretty much had to be rich to buy anything from that auction.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2002Z4CSS For This Useful Post:
Old 09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Best part was the Australian chick,bought a 57? and had now idea how to get it home.
How about the price of the Vett pedel car?
1 bidder interviewed was right....said the bids were high because of emotions not the value of the vehicles.

Old 10-01-2013, 01:10 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

There were a lot of errors on the listings, most concerning model years vs VIN.
A '77 LTD II is listed as a 1972. I came across several mid seventies trucks with 12 digit VIN, and at least one car with a 14 digit VIN.
They credit the Corvairs as having 4 cylinder engines, lol.
Me thinks a woman was in charge of writing the descriptions, as the word "pretty" came up lots of times.