THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Arrow 63' Bonneville Ambulance ....

FS over on the HAMB

@ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...t=transporting

Jim

Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

That's been sitting there for more years than I can remember now.
I'e asked and the price was way to much even back then.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:25 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cool

For those not in the know, Bill Morgan is a board member here, and can be contacted under the same username.
Good to see Bill is still active in resurrecting old iron.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb Price seems fair

It seems he is asking $1600 ....

Jim

Old 07-25-2013, 03:20 PM

damn, I wish it was even half as far as it is. I have the same car except complete with light and sirens etc. that i could use to make one out of two. Price isn't unreasonable I don't think. I paid 1000 for mine and drove 9 hours each way to pick it up, 24 each way is a bit excessive though.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Deal of the century from a great person. This should be in the 'for sale' section.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-25-2013, 03:33 PM

ughh e-mail sent on it....for the sake of my bank account I hope we can't make a deal

Old 07-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Price seems very reasonable to me.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 07-25-2013, 05:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Based on Bills offerings in the past, I believe he is always spot on in description of the vehicle and price. Does anyone know if he sold his GTO?

EDIT:I answered my own question. As of the last post in this thread, the answer is no.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=722072

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 PM

thanks for posting this trulyvintage; I have bought it!

Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963PONTIACKID View Post
Very cool !!

Old 07-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up Great !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1963PONTIACKID View Post
That is great ....

Jim

Old 09-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Senior Chief

I'm happy to see my '63 Bonneville ambulance, which I've had for nine years, going to 1963PONTIACKID, a true arrowhead addict who appreciates the car enough to drive 2,800 miles round-trip to get it.

I just never could get it in the active project pipeline, and I didn't want to see it become some kind of rat rod or yard art. I actually refused to sell it twice, once to a guy who was going to throw a 454 Chevy in it, a cardinal sin in my book, and the other time to a dude who envisioned making a gasser out of it.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good for you Bill,,It's in good hands!

POCI.org
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Senior Chief

1963PONTIACKID picked the ambulance up yesterday.

He and his buddy drove tag-team, leaving Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, at 11 AM Monday and arriving here at 2:30 PM Tuesday. I told him he took the cake for longest distance driven by someone to pick up one of my vehicles.

I'm certain that he, showing that much initiative, is the most worthy owner the old Consort could have.

Loading the car was a snap, thanks to the giant front loader at my buddy's salvage yard, where I store my cars that can sit outside. I picked it up from the side, set the front wheels on the trailer, then picked up from behind with the 12-foot spears on the lifter and drove it forward on to the trailer. I had to shift the rear less than two inches sideways to center the car on the trailer.

When we parted company, the two Canucks left in search of a hot tub and some alcohol. They're next headed to Dallas. I wished them God's blessings 'cause they may need 'em driving in Metroplex with a loaded car trailer.

So, after all these years of all these Pontiacs, I'm now down to two parts cars - a '66 Bonneville two-door hardtop and a '66 Executive four-door sedan - and a fairly nice '67 Bonneville two-door hardtop that will run again with just a little effort.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM

Glad to know that one went to a good home.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Morgan View Post
So, after all these years of all these Pontiacs, I'm now down to two parts cars - a '66 Bonneville two-door hardtop and a '66 Executive four-door sedan - and a fairly nice '67 Bonneville two-door hardtop that will run again with just a little effort.
You going to continue hunting them or have you finally exhausted the West Texas and Eastern New Mexico supply of vintage Pontiacs? ;-)

Old 09-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

I'm still ever on the hunt, but I've not found anything worth having for almost three years. The Lubbock craigslist is rife with ads from scrappers buying vehicles, running or not, title or no title, and hundreds of usable vintage cars have gone to the crushers.

These guys have no soul. Vehicles are to them nothing more than scrap metal worth two or three hundred bucks, when some could be parted out or sold for far more than that.

I know of an instance when four IH Scouts, all complete, went into the grinder; another saw a complete '59 Ford Galaxie two-door hardtop meet the same fate. One of my buddies intercepted a scrapper headed to the recycling center with a '55 Ford Crown Victoria that, although cut in half by its elderly former owner (that's another story), was missing nothing. My friend got all of it for $200.

I have another friend who crushes cars, but he calls me any time he brings in anything out of the ordinary. I recently acquired from him a 1960 Ford F100 panel truck.

Old 09-18-2013, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Morgan View Post
The Lubbock craigslist is rife with ads from scrappers buying vehicles, running or not, title or no title, and hundreds of usable vintage cars have gone to the crushers.
Shame, it's like that out here too except you have enough people with some cash that have enabled a lot of people to think they're going to cash in on some rusty pile of junk that should be scrapped. Anything worth having is extremely expensive and thus not really a deal or goes to the crusher for $200. West Texas cars have always been extremely solid, I was wondering when the "scrap everything that has tires on it for $150!" phase would really hit it hard.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:07 PM

Well we made it back home yesterday afternoon. Thankfully we had an issue free trip. Dallas at rush hour is something I hope to never again experience. Didnt have much time to sightsee but from my limited time in texas my buddy and I agreed we had never met nicer people than in Texas. And its fun going somewhere where we are told we have an accent. We went out in Lubbock one evening and Dallas the next night and we also agreed that besides being friendly those southern girls arent hard on the eyes either! Anyways the car is exactly what I was expecting and thanks a million to Bill for loading it up and BSing for a while. He is a great guy and I wouldnt hesitate to buy from him again.