Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-08-2013, 08:27 PM

Default sizing from drag radial to drag slick.

69 gto un tubbed. I am currently running mickey thompson et street radials, 325\50\15.I am wanting to switch to a little taller tire but stay with about the same width. Section is 13.0 tread is 11.0 and they are 28 tall. Does any one have any suggestions on what to run?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I run Hoosier slicks in my 70... 29x 11.5 x 15 the fit is fine.....My personal preference is to run a slick at the track and a street tire on the street...I was heading back from the track years ago on my Street ET;s and hit a gully washer and ended up swapping directions on an off ramp.....after i changed my shorts I changed my tires

Old 07-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02Hawk View Post
I run Hoosier slicks in my 70... 29x 11.5 x 15 the fit is fine.....My personal preference is to run a slick at the track and a street tire on the street...I was heading back from the track years ago on my Street ET;s and hit a gully washer and ended up swapping directions on an off ramp.....after i changed my shorts I changed my tires
LOL! been there!

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:55 PM

what rims are you using and what backspace? Sorry about the off topic question but I also have an untubbed 69 and would love to put that tire on!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:35 PM

weld 15 by 10 with 5.5 backspacing, they fit perfect.
Do drag radials hook as hard as a slick would?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:13 PM

My best times in a variety of cars has been in the 11.50 range all on drag radials and never had a traction problem.