THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Default "The art of racing in the rain"

If anybody reads anymore, this is a must read. Buy a couple cause you will give it to somebody when you are done and will never see it again. My wife bought it because of the picture of Enzo on the back cover and kept telling me I should read this book. Not to sound like a jerk but I could only think of about 3 or 4 things we would read and enjoy the same. Like watching t v. Her....Long love stories, dramas, wonderful endings. Me, if something don't explode or somebody doesn't get blown up or a huge fireball from something don't happen in the first 15 min, I'm gone. This book is one of the 3 or 4 things mentioned above we agreed on. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It is very sad, happy, funny and well written . Do yourself a favor and find it while its still winter. It's only a few hours. Come spring we will all be too busy to relax and read eh? Enjoy. (and pass it on if you agree)

Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Author's name?

Got it - Garth Stein. Looks like a good book. Funny, I tell my dog all the time that if she had opposable thumbs, she could do a lot of really cool things, like open doors and drive. She just looks at me with that adorable look like - "I don't know what you just said, but I love you...now, throw the ball!"

Will definitely buy the book - thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by OVERULD; 03-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Cool

Listened to it on books on tape on a long trip. Very enjoyable. I laughed when the guy took the dog for a ride in his roundy-rounder and told him to bark if he wanted to go faster.

Enzo said "I barked twice!" My kinda dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_4_SPD View Post
If anybody reads anymore, this is a must read. Buy a couple cause you will give it to somebody when you are done and will never see it again. My wife bought it because of the picture of Enzo on the back cover and kept telling me I should read this book. Not to sound like a jerk but I could only think of about 3 or 4 things we would read and enjoy the same. Like watching t v. Her....Long love stories, dramas, wonderful endings. Me, if something don't explode or somebody doesn't get blown up or a huge fireball from something don't happen in the first 15 min, I'm gone. This book is one of the 3 or 4 things mentioned above we agreed on. This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. It is very sad, happy, funny and well written . Do yourself a favor and find it while its still winter. It's only a few hours. Come spring we will all be too busy to relax and read eh? Enjoy. (and pass it on if you agree)

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 03-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Suspended

Spoiler Alert!

Old 03-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Senior Chief

I just read that recently and it's pretty good. I can't say that it was the "best ever", but it's enjoyable and not very long. Worth the time if you like to read.

Scott

'70 Lemans Sport - Upgrades: HEI, console, dual-gate shifter, tilt steering, formula wheel, dual exhaust, dash clock, stock 4v intake, Q-jet, dual snorkel air cleaner, GTO hood, hood tach, GTO spoiler, chrome Rally II's and sport stripe.

'09 Yamaha Vmax

'94 GMC Sierra GT
Old 03-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great book, worth the read.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 03-10-2013, 01:16 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My wife and I enjoyed it...

73 Trans Am, SD-455, 4-Speed, Brewster Green
73 Formula, 455, 4-Speed, Ascot Silver