Old 03-02-2013, 06:44 PM

Default Any of you guys tried the

Trunk pans for 68-68 B bodies marketed by Classic to Current Industries out of Michigan?

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-02-2013, 10:05 PM

I haven't tried the trunk pan but I have tried other sheet metal from them. The metal is softer than original and the bends are usually less sharp than original. Other than that the metal is usually very close to the right dimensions. Of coarse you will need to trim to fit and add in other areas. Am I satisfied with the product, yes but I wish I would have had new stock metal instead of aftermarket.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 PM

Default 66 trunk pan

I bought a pan for a 66 catalina, have not installed it yet, for the money I would say they are ok. if you buy it from rock auto they are alot cheaper. i think I payed 188 plus shipping, pretty hard to pass up

Old 03-03-2013, 07:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via Yahoo to AROWHED

It's certainly better than having nothing, especially on a tight budget. Good enough for patching but not factory in it's stamping..the 'ribs' are not as deep, contoured the same or very well-defined. The trunk floor comes as two pieces with a 1/2" flanged overlap down the middle.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 PM

Mike Have you or any of you all fit yours yet?
I'd like to have the swede pan but at this time it's not in the cards. I need to fix the ****ed up mess my 65 was left in or cut it up for parts. I'm sick of being pissed every time I walk by it.

This looked like it might be a viable alternative to fiberglass.

Thanks for the imput.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I got the trunk floor installed into my white 65 GP well over a year ago. It's not ideal, but the floor is now at least solid again. I'm not concerned about factory original look but then again the poor stamping makes it less rigid...more likely to 'oil-can' on ya. It requires some trimming here and there and did not have all the edges necessary to duplicate factory pinch welds. It does not have much metal to make the turn upwards at the rearmost end of the floor..right where mine was in the worst condition. I had to overlap, punch and "spot-weld" down to the original floor a lot, especially near the wheelhouses. $200 was the cost, it was good enough to get teh floor soild again but if factory look is your concern, save the $600 for the swedish floor.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Mike have you checked with steve barcak or dva in az? I got a decent price on my old stock pan out there a couple years ago. Rust free for under 200 plus shipping. The shipping was 375 but I think dva added on some handling to cut n box. It fit like a glove. A little thin at the tail panel but backed it with sheet metal before tacking it. I got tired of waiting for a good repop.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Found these pics of C2C pans in process of installing them in 65 GP. Note the shallow V-shaped rib stampings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk1.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	342047   Click image for larger version

Name:	trunk2.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	342048  

Old 11-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My dad (70yrs old at the time) put mine in, in 2 days. Agreed the stamping is not as defined, mine was 3 pieces, but it is rigid as heck. Partly because of the 2 weld seams i added i think. They told me before hand the v-nothing was not correct and that i would have to trim. Thumbs up from this guy!

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

link to the swede pan? my starchief needs a pan bad

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 11-06-2013, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Angry It is right or it is NOT right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AROWHED View Post
Found these pics of C2C pans in process of installing them in 65 GP. Note the shallow V-shaped rib stampings.
...a CAT-alina trunk, I ASSume?

For the amount of effort that must go into stamping out a friggin trunk pan, fer cripes' sake, WHY can't folks go the last 10 percent and make it RIGHT?

Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It has to do with the amount of R&D into the original pan specs. Tool and die i think is a little more $$$ to stamp the pan with deeper, round notches lik the factory. Hence the reason for the $600 swede pan compared to the $200 C2C pan. My pan C2C was 18ga Steel Made in the USA but, made in Canada would have worked ok too LOL.

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.