Old 02-17-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Need dash pad cover advice

I have been reading the different posts here regarding installing a dash pad cover as well as repairing a dash. I gave the repair process a shot. i removed the dash and used the dash urethane filler. It worked great except every time I touched my dash it split in a different place. There were so many repairs that there was little actual original dash material left. I have given up and since the $1000 to recover is out I am opting for a cover. My big question is that since the dash is out and disassembled should I try to put it on now or reinstall the dash and then put it on? I have only seen it put on while the dash was still in the car. Any thoughts?
Also can anyone recommend a cover?
Thanks,
Greg

Old 03-07-2013, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've installed a few covers myself & for the $$$ & time spent,they are a HUGE improvement over a dash that looks like a California road map....

There is a "cap" which just basically covers the top & ends at the top of glovebox door,which is probably all YOU need.

I like to install the cover & paint it prior to installing it in the car...

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!