Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to tlkelly
Unhappy Front Disc change with MPBRAKES Kit

Has any one used this set up on a 62 Pontiac? The power booster they gave me does not fit my studs on the firewall . Has any one used this and did you have to modify the brackets.
My studs are 3 3/8" center to center their brackets are 3 5/8" center to center and they are telling me this bracket is correct. Any help is appreciated.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 PM

I can not speak strictly to this conversion but the previous owner of my 62 Bonneville installed a brake booster from a 66 ... I think ... full size Chevrolet. The bolt pattern was just a bit wider. Kind of like what you have. They just egged out the holes in the firewall and brake pedal bracket so the Chev booster fit and bolted it in. It worked fine. You mention that yours has studs though. In anycase an 1/4" total slot shouldn't hurt as long as there is enough metal and nothing interferes with putting the nuts on.

TS

Old 01-06-2013, 04:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to tlkelly
Default Front disc change with Mp Brakes kit

Thanks, that is what I wound up doing and the booster now bolts on but I have other issues with the rod from the bell crank to the brake pedal ,going to have to modify that also, not as direct of bolt on as they led me to believe, but if it works when I'am done I guess it will be worth it.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:18 AM

Wondering how it turned out, planning on buying the same kit in a few months; if I get a few conformations on it being "worth it".

Old 05-06-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlP View Post
Wondering how it turned out, planning on buying the same kit in a few months; if I get a few conformations on it being "worth it".
Carl, I have installed everything except the brake lines so far with the Master Power brake kit. It wasn't too much trouble, but you do have to open up the center hole for the booster on your firewall and the holes for the studs.
Someone said this is the kit they think Dave Bennett used and I seem to require the same backspacing and size on my fronts so it seems like it is right.
Let me know if you have any questions or want to see pics.