THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Broadway BOB RIP

Was up at Da Grove and Found out last night the Legendary track owner/promoter Broadway Bob passed away. I've been running at Da Grove since the 80's and have been going there as a kid since the 70's He was a Great Spirit!!!!!!!!! He will be Missed. Our Prayers go out to his Family and the rest of the racing community that new him.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Spent an evening with Broadway Bob, his wife and daughter in a suite at Route 66 Raceway a few years ago, the Miller lite was flowing . What a great story teller he was. My buddies and I had spent a lot of time at DaGrove as teenagers and we mentioned our memories and he immediately had a story for us. He had sold the track by then but was living in his house on the property and invited us all up to see him. I can't remember ever having a better time at a Drag strip than that night. RIP Bob and my condolences to his family.