Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 05-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Senior Chief

Default Smoking deals on Hawk brake pads

Pep Boys is discontinuing their line of Hawk brand brakes & they are on sale at close out prices. These are darn good brakes. For instance pads for my 74 C10 Cheby truck were $15.10 pair. They list for $80.00 & Summit has them for $50.66 plus shipping. All their Hawk pads are on sale but you have to order them, they come out of their warehouse in indianapolis. So I picked up a set for my truck, 71 Cadillac (same part number as my truck) and my PT Cruiser. Here's a link with pictures even. Scroll down about 2/3 down the page for pics. Hope this helps someone.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=518693

Old 05-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Senior Chief

Do they make any pads for our old Pontiacs? I couldn't find anything in the Hawk product catalog.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Senior Chief

Yes they do. The easiest way to search is to go to summitracing.com plug in your year & model of your Pontiac then in the search box "type brake pads" and check the "Search Within Results" box. From that point you should be able to see if they make them for your particular Pontiac. As an example I searched "1972 Pontiac GTO" here's the link from Summit the Hawk pads are the second ones listed.

http://www.summitracing.com/search/Y...ord=brake+pads

Old 05-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks - I ordered a set.

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Senior Chief

You bet, glad my post was of some value to some one. Funny I didn't realize it but the link with the particular part number shown of the Hawk pads are the same for my 71 Caddy, 73-86 Chevy trucks and most full size Pontiacs which would be D52 in a Delco pad. Not bad for a $41.00 savings over Summit prices.