THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Exclamation Hey Brian - It's FRIDAY!

Thank God, what a week.

Working today, putting up my 30x30 temporary garage the rest of the weekend.

What's everyone else up to?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Work today and then off to Hawaii for 8 days for a surprise birthday for my Dad, turns 75 on the 12. They are already there
soaking up some sun. Can't wait to get away from work for a few days, high stress the last week can cause a person to drink more, LOL.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Having the wifes '02 POS Dodge Ram fixed...again...biggest POS nickle and dimer I've ever owned...build quality sucks, will never buy another Chrysler product again. What's it in for? No heat on driver side of ductwork. I replaced servo that operates the door in the ductwork, but that didn't fix it, the gear on the door inside is stripped and it won't open, so I took it to a favorite shop to be repaired. $400+ just for labor. 9 years old with 160K miles and I've had to replace more parts that have worn out prematurely, in lesser time, than on any GM vehicle I've ever owned...and the dashboard has cracked and broken apart in large chunks that you can pull out and look down inside the dash...what a POS.

If I can get some hands tomorrow morning, going to carry the funny car body out into the alley so I can wash it off before repolishing it and covering it up in the garage. Would then like to pull the batteries out of the ambulance to charge them overnight and fire it up on Sunday as it hasn't been run in a while.

Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Working on our BMX bikes for racing tomorrow. My son kicked ass last week and swept his field in all three races and won the overall. He doesn't know how lucky he is to have a bike fanatic dad. My 5 yr old owns both a GT and RedLine. I also plan on bringing the race car in the garage for winter and working on removing even more weight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4719.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	262178  

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 11-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Senior Chief

Two weddings one weekend, starting with a close friend of the wife tonight then tomarrow to a friends Daughter. I hate wearing a suit makes me look old. Saturday during the day will be busy looking at a new distibutor for supplys for our Catering service, plus buy some new equipment for same. sunday to a swap meet look for some hidden gold. then start testing Christmas lights & working out new lighting layout.

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 11-04-2011, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Still enjoying stitches in the nose, though there is a definite improvement this morning. I'm going to try sleeping in the bed tonight. 4 nights in the recliner has proved that an inferior way to get a good nights sleep.

I'm running the sound board at my church this evening. Friday night wedding.

Saturday is a early afternoon trip up to Jacksonville State to watch my oldest march at halftime. There will probably be a subsonic trip back home after that so my wife can watch the end of the LSU / Alabama football game.

Sunday will MOST DEFINITELY be a day of rest.............

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Scrap steel.
Mulch leaves.
Cut some large tree limbs over house and garage. Been on list 2-3 yrs....
Build new bridge over creek for quads and snow mobiles, plus trail clearing.
Clean wood stove and chimmey.
Split logs.
Replace pipes and valves to washing machine/laundry tub.
More i've forgot.

Or go to Union Groove...

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 11-04-2011, 02:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
Having the wifes '02 POS Dodge Ram fixed...again...biggest POS nickle and dimer I've ever owned...build quality sucks, will never buy another Chrysler product again. What's it in for? No heat on driver side of ductwork. I replaced servo that operates the door in the ductwork, but that didn't fix it, the gear on the door inside is stripped and it won't open, so I took it to a favorite shop to be repaired. $400+ just for labor. 9 years old with 160K miles and I've had to replace more parts that have worn out prematurely, in lesser time, than on any GM vehicle I've ever owned...and the dashboard has cracked and broken apart in large chunks that you can pull out and look down inside the dash...what a POS.

If I can get some hands tomorrow morning, going to carry the funny car body out into the alley so I can wash it off before repolishing it and covering it up in the garage. Would then like to pull the batteries out of the ambulance to charge them overnight and fire it up on Sunday as it hasn't been run in a while.
You still have that thing? I remember you posted when you bought it years ago and forgot about it. Any pics?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cutting firewood(again)and putting in a new heater in the my Gun Deer stand. http://www.nuwaystove.com/model2000.php
Its a little vented LP Heater that will produce plenty of heat for me and the kids and allow us to warm up soup...

Maybe get that last drive of the year in the TA?

Old 11-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'd almost consider taking something out for a spin this weekend but with the storm there's salt all over the road & no rain to wash it away.......so.......

Left the job early today - customer still hasn't shown up to pay last month's bill so I came home to cut up the storm damage at my house.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tinkered around with my car some today after work, cleaned it mostly, then I mixed up a new drum of race gas for tomorrow...

Racing tomorrow @ NED...

Sunday I'll be working on my garage (painting) it before winter sets in...

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

T-400/PTC 4000/390's/30x9 Hoosier radial slicks,#3400
1.38 60' 6.32 @ 108 MPH at Northeast Dragway NC 5/23/15 (9th pass on new engine)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ePCu2v...ature=youtu.be

1.37 60' 6.26 @ 109 half track, 9.86 @ 136 1/4 mile, #3350 11/26/16 at Richmond Dragway (125th pass on new engine)
Old 11-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Worked on a friends fathers dodge which had that gear set up. took forever to get it apart, then after replaced, the door bound in a few days cause it warps from the heat, and then the gear breaks AGAIN!!! UGH.. Good luck..

Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewster View Post
Cutting firewood(again)and putting in a new heater in the my Gun Deer stand. http://www.nuwaystove.com/model2000.php
Its a little vented LP Heater that will produce plenty of heat for me and the kids and allow us to warm up soup...

Maybe get that last drive of the year in the TA?
That stove is way cool! and just 10 pounds! guess it needs venting but its very practical. whats it take for a propane tank?>

Old 11-04-2011, 09:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm headed to atco tommorrow for Pontiac day, gonna bring the wife and kids for a nice autumn day and some horsepower. Sunday I'm gonna get some chevy transmissions for my buddy. Then watch some football for the rest of the day. Have a good one all!!!!

Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did get the race car off the trailer and in the garage. My wife wasn't happy, says that the mistress is living in her house. I reminded her that I've had that car since 92 and we met in 98. I'm not feeling very lucky tonight...

1980 Formula 350 Pontiac back burner project
1972 LeMans 350 Pontiac
Old 11-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Spent the morning at hospital getting my blood typed for a upcoming surgery...What a joy!!My veins run & hide and the Tech wasn't very good.. Been stuck 4 out of the last 5 days..Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Spent rest of day getting things ready for winter weather..
Picked up driver car from shop after repairs..$578.00 !! Boy that made my day...
Think it's time to invest in some OBII test equiptment...
It was Miller Time..

Anyway...have a good week end..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..
Old 11-04-2011, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Having a Yard sale tomorrow. Hope to sell some stuff to make room for the stuff I'm gonna buy with money from the sale! If I do good enough I may get the bumpers on my 67 re-chromed.
Sunday may be a relic hunting day.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

Been a rough week for me. No solid plans for the weekend. Last night at work I started feeling real bad....run down and got real dizzy. Nurse said blood pressure was elevated and that I have an irregular heartbeat. So...gonna try and see the doctor today if they can fit me in. Otherwise I guess it would be a good idea to rest all weekend.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 11-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Ambulance status has not changed...1990 Ford E-350 chassis with a non-turbo 7.3 diesel. Runs fine, but needs brake work...and tires...before being road worthy. It's sitting, collecting leaves now.

Old 11-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Ambulance status has not changed...1990 Ford E-350 chassis with a non-turbo 7.3 diesel. Runs fine, but needs brake work...and tires...before being road worthy. It's sitting, collecting leaves now.
Hope your using some fuel conditioner Brian...diesel fuel grows all kinds of funny stuff when it sits..not to mention gum up..
I use conditioner all winter as I only take it for a ride every week or so..

ECM member.
2008 Outlaw Pontiac Drag Series Champion
MANDRA
Do it now fool! Life is short.

69 Grand Prix/3163lbs / IAII 535 w/ Tiger heads by Gaydosh....9.35@ 144 so far.. through mufflers. 1.26 60'.
Going back to track with pump gas engine....
My 60 Ventura retired to street/strip duty..