THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-16-2011, 05:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default checking in from Singapore

Got a project in Singapore so we have been here for the past 5 days. Leaving today. People are super friendly, food everywhere. Most helpful bunch of people I've met on my travels.
Real clean nice place with lots of modern wild architecture.
Looooong flight but If it was closer and cheaper to get here, I'd come back.

They are readying for the F1 Grand Prix next week., Damn couldnt my project have been then? In the picture with the huge (42 story) ferris wheel you can see the track.
Anyhow just wanted to post from far off..
No old cars here at all, learned they discourage car ownership through (up to) 100% taxes on cars, and a bidding process for a controlled release of the Certificate that you need to own and drive a car that can cost as much as 10,000 a year. So this discourages anyone paying that much to own a car that is not nice and new. Have lots of good buses, and it's a small island really, so you can manage I suppose.

Food can be cheap, and if you like asian or seafood it's very good. Funny thing is the kinda eat many of the same types of foods for breakfast lunch and dinner. Dont really have a set breakfast "menu" they do have certain breakfast foods but not like we do.I think I like it.

Here's a few shots.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	singapore1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	256939   Click image for larger version

Name:	singapore3.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	256946   Click image for larger version

Name:	singaporetrack.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	256947   Click image for larger version

Name:	singaporefood.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	256948  

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 09-16-2011, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Just don't spit your gum out on the sidewalk!!

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 09-17-2011, 01:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll tell you 2 things I noticed.. I didnt see any police presence here except 1 traffic cop in a construction zone near the track. And there is something to be said for a place that is this clean and neat. NO litter, NO bums,,,,
It's true you cant buy gum easily.. But it's not true that you are being watched.. The people here are incredibly friendly..

Work
'67 GTO Convertible "Koerner Built 413 500 hp with a Victor!.. I'll run a stock intake."
'75 Formula 400 - Daily Driver -
Running with my Home Built 455 and TH400

Details here:
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=588372
Old 09-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Senior Chief

Singapore is a great place. I've made two port calls there. Business language is English and everything is neat and clean. One of the best cities on the Pacific Rim.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: The ObamaNation we once called the United States of America

That night pic is great.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security deserves neither and will loose both."-Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Suspended

If you meet a gorgeous woman that just has to "get to know you", guard your kidneys.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was there 7 or 8 years ago for a week. It's a very nice, clean place. And you're right, lots of good food. I recall a rotating restaurant where we ate and drank for 4 hours. It was a great time.

I also recall my Rep picking me up and having to stop to get a "pass" to take his car into the city. He said that after "X" passes are issued on a given evening, they stop selling them.

Was EVERYONE wearing black like they were 8 years ago?

PS. The flight is brutally long. Even in business class