Test & Tune Ask questions about the features and functions of the Forums.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Can you(forum admins) limit the size of photos?

Hi.
I have ended up having to turn off signatures and attachments in order not to have to resize my screen all the time. When I do this, to get the text viewable without scrolling back and forth the size is so small I have a hard time reading.
If there already is a size limit, it is too big.
Most forums limit sizes to avoid this, since not everyone has the latest and greatest computer stuff. :-)
Thanks,
Russ

Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Administrator

Hi
We can and have limited the size of images that are uploaded to and hosted by the PY Forums. The max for signatures is 500 pixels x 200 pixels and the max for attachments is 800 x 800.
However, we can't limit the size of pictures members are linking from other sites (ie. photobucket).
If you see a signature with an oversized picture, send it to a moderator and they will request the member change the oversized picture.

Steve

Old 06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Ok, that explains it. I had thought I saw a size limit. Some sites I am on don't let you link to other sites for that reason, but the bad is it takes room on the site server to store all the pictures instead, so both ways have issues.
I'll turn on the signatures again and see if just that works for me.
Thanks,
Russ