Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Senior Chief

Smile 65 GTO

I thought I'd put this out there and see what happens.

I'm looking for a 65 GTO hard top or possibly convertible in driver condition. It must be an original 4 spd car and I'd prefer if it was also an original tri-power car. I'm pretty open to colors but the body must be solid and not have been a rust bucket or been in a major collision. Needing interior work is okay. My price range is lower to high 20's depending on the car.

I'm not in a rush and I want to take my time and find the right car for me. I already have real 65 tri-power, 4spd car but it needs total restoration and with some other pending projects I think I'd be better off to just buy a decent driver that may need a little tlc here and there as opposed to doing a full resto of the one that I have. I'd then sell that one as a project.

Please let me know what you guys have or know of. Thanks

Old 10-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Senior Chief

Default gto 65

Sent a PM

Old 11-12-2010, 06:38 AM
Senior Chief

still looking.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:13 AM
Senior Chief

Well, still looking so I figured I'd bump this back up.

Actually I'm pretty much set on a PHS documented tri-power, 4spd car and it must be a 65. The one exception would be if it was factory black with red interior. I'll go into the 30's for the right car.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cars On Line has had some at reasonable prices. The ads are written vaguely sometimes as far as 3x2 -PHS. Most never say factory 3x2 4 speed, so you must ask, they only say PHS documented, which means, a real GTO in most cases I have followed up on. A majority are added 3x2s on 4Bs. But, there have been real ones. Larry B.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink Here...

is the number for one on Craigslist. Listed as a Tri-Power four speed but pix show a round air cleaner. Here in Ohio. Asking $11,500. Has a flame paint job...but appears to be running/driving/complete car. Good luck. 740-887-2222. BTW...supposed to be a fellow coming down from Ontario to get a frame from me here as soon as the weather breaks. Maybe you could catch a ride? lol

"Gas is STILL your cheapest thrill!"

Your opinion of me is none of my business.