THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default J.C. Taylor Collector Car Insurance??

I just obtained a quote from my insurance broker and JC Taylor is just almost half the cost of what I have been paying for Hagerty. The coverages are the same.

Does anyone have experience with J. C. Taylor? Any claim experience? My thinking is Hagerty must be more expensive overall because they are always advertising, especially on Barrett Jackson. I've always been one to generally avoid companies that advertise alot because I don't want to be financing their marketing budgets.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thumbs up J C Taylor

I have JC Taylor on 2 of my cars, really quite inexpensive.
In 2000 I was rear ended in my 67 GTO by an idiot who fled the scene while I was on the way to a car show in Wildwood New Jersey.
An adjuster was at the auto body shop 2 days later, looked at the car and wrote an estimate which matched the one from the body shop.

The sent me a check for it in 2 days, and collected the deductible off the person's insurance company who hit me.

My only claim, thankfully, but they were super in the professional way everything was handled.

Highly recommended.

Ron

Semper Fi
Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Weird. Since all the companies are in competition with each other, I would suspect only a few dollars difference between any of them. I'd make a phone call to Hagerty and ask what is up with the cost difference.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 PM

I've got JC Taylor for my two classics and thankfully I've never had a claim. I used them because POCI has a liability policy with them that covers the local chapter car shows for no cost to the chapter. They have always been super nice handling this coverage. They also handled the fiasco at the POCI covention in Tulsa when overspray from a local hotel landed on several hundred show cars. I think they handled that to every ones satisfaction.
I would recommend them. Like you say any company that deals with Barrett Jackson is going to have a high overhead.

2004 GTO
Old 07-02-2010, 12:59 AM

I just did an online quote and it was 13% less than haggerty. It was only $5 more to increase the liability from $100,000 to $300,000 something I recommend for that small amount of money

Old 07-02-2010, 01:14 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

I've used J.C.Taylor for years, but never had a claim. My local insurance agent (owner of the business) also uses them for all his collector cars.

... or has a Pontiac born the same year as Jim Wangers? (1926}
Old 07-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercars View Post
I've got JC Taylor for my two classics and thankfully I've never had a claim. I used them because POCI has a liability policy with them that covers the local chapter car shows for no cost to the chapter. They have always been super nice handling this coverage. They also handled the fiasco at the POCI covention in Tulsa when overspray from a local hotel landed on several hundred show cars. I think they handled that to every ones satisfaction.
I would recommend them. Like you say any company that deals with Barrett Jackson is going to have a high overhead.
What is the cost on your 68 gto? Thank you Randy.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:46 AM

I know a guy who had a claim with Haggerty, he had an underhood fire from a flaw in his wiring harness. They totalled the car and paid his claim with no hassles whatsoever, then gave him first chance to buy his car back, which he did, since he basically built it himself anyway. He was very happy with how things turned out.

Kurt

Old 07-02-2010, 09:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks for all the replies and valued advice.

FWIW, My Hagerty policy renews this month at @ $750. JC Taylor quoted me @ $440 for the same levels of insurance. If it was maybe less than a hundred bucks difference, I'd stay with Hagerty.

Last edited by Overkillphil; 07-02-2010 at 10:00 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkillphil View Post
Thanks for all the replies and valued advice.

FWIW, My Hagerty policy renews this month at @ $750. JC Taylor quoted me @ $440 for the same levels of insurance. If it was maybe less than a hundred bucks difference, I'd stay with Hagerty.
Is that per year? TKS-Randy.

Old 07-03-2010, 02:24 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up I've been with JC Taylor for about seven years.....

Their customer service is great, although I thankfully haven't needed to make a claim yet.

I can call and speak with my account manager to add a vehicle and they answer the phone personally and then fax me an insurance card about fifteen minutes later. Never a problem adding or dropping coverage.

They only charge me for liability coverage on the first three cars and then after that I only pay for comprehensive and collision coverage.

I also qualified for additional discounts due to the number of vehicles that I insure with them. I don't recall exactly, I think it was 15 or 20%.

I do recall that when I first insured with them, they were about 30% less expensive than the other companies that quoted rates.

Cuz - yes they write the policy on an annual basis, so the premiums quoted are for twelve months. All my classic insurance is due once a year.

Last edited by 70pontiaction; 07-03-2010 at 02:27 AM. Reason: to add text
Old 07-03-2010, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yes, per year. And for 3 cars.