THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default What's In Your Pockets?

What do you stick in your pockets every morning before you head out the door? I hate change, so I start with none. I grab my billfold and keys and head out the door. I have carried the same keyfob since Dec of 1984. I bought a 1985 S10 Sport (how wrong was THAT name) in December of 84 and one of the perks of ownership was a brass keyfob that could be dropped in the mail and find its way back to me through some hocus-pocus. The keyfob (a brass oval approx 1" X 2") had a number that told them that these were my keys, an address and on the front was the logo proclaiming Chevrolets "Commitment to Excellence". After 25+ years in my pocket the keyfob is now a simple smooth 1" X 2" brass oval. All the writing is worn away.
I worked for a guy once that had carried the same silver dollar in his pocket for decades. It was now a simple perfectly smooth silver circle.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have a 64 silver quarter(born in 64) i carry and its almost smooth

reminds me of a joke ..when we where kids we where so poor for Christmas we got a new pair of DUNGAREES with holes cut in the pocket so we'd have something to play with...

Old 06-15-2010, 12:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I carry my wallet, cell phone, keys and my MP3 player. Also what ever change I accumulate through out the day. No sentimental items, I'll end up losing them.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Left front pocket: Cell phone
Right front pocket: Money clip, change, and shop keys
Nothing in rear pockets because it's uncomfortable sitting for me with anything in them.

www.jandjrepairandrestoration
Old 06-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wallet, keys, Benchmade Military issue folding knife, Rossi stainless steel 5 shot .38 snubnose revolver.

No cell phone for me, I'm way too distracted right to start and enjoy times when folks are NOT able to get hold of me!.....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 06-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to 1966goat Send a message via Skype™ to 1966goat

Cliff you carry every day?

461ci, Edelbrock 72cc heads, KB 15cc dished pistons, comp xe274, PRW 1.5 roller rockers, Performer RPM intake, Holley 80508 750cfm, RARE oversized manifolds, Pypes X-pipe Exhaust
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Bonker's-T-Cat Moderator

Nothing! I have a Purse! And it has so much stuff its considered a legal weapon!

Old 06-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pants:
left pocket , handkerchief,
right pocket , keys , sometimes change, but I always empty the change in a cup at the office,
right rear pocket wallet, but as soon as I`m in the office ,keys and wallet goes in a drawer...
Shirt:
breast pocket, eyeglasses

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 06-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"Cliff you carry every day?"

Yes, unless I'm on vacation at the beach and in my swim trunks!

We're in NC right now, enjoying the beach, great weather, fresh seafood, and a break from the shop!.....Cliff

73 Ventura, SOLD 455, 3740lbs, 11.30's at 120mph, 1977 Pontiac Q-jet, HO intake, HEI, 10" converter, 3.42 gears, DOT's, 7.20's at 96mph and still WAY under the roll bar rule. Best ET to date 7.18 at 97MPH (1/8th mile),
Old 06-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My wife, kids, sister, niece, nephew wants to go next week but for some reason we have been told, all the beaches are EXTREMELY CROWDED right now.

Some say its the oil spill moving the tourists up this way to get away from that problem.

Jeff

I carry each day, and never get caught without.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I carry my currency folded in half in my left front pocket, my Buck folding knife in my right front and nothing in my back pockets. Smith & Wesson Sigma .380 is under belt line when I carry and that is often if not everyday. Breast pocket usually has a pen and a six inch scale (machinist). Wallet is tossed in the glove box. When I carry vehicle keys always in back right pocket unless they are the GTO keys and they go with the Buck knife in right front. Interesting question, never gave it much thought before but I am very consistant after thinking about it. Very interesting. I also never hold onto change, never carry it for long for it goes into a big fish bowl at home and is cashed in once or twice a year.

Tim john---

Old 06-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I hate stuff in my pockets. I only carry keys that I use daily. Any others are in the console of my truck. Change gets tossed into a glass bowl and either gets stolen (had a break-in last year and they hauled out 40 pounds of change) or the wife gets it rolled and I never see the proceeds. I go through my billfold regularly and trash what I don't need.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jones View Post
(had a break-in last year and they hauled out 40 pounds of change)
The same thing happened to me years ago, which is the reason I now spend change as I get it - I rarely have more than $1.00 in coins in my pocket.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:33 PM

Cash for the day, A well used knife, Snap On 1/2 -9/16 short combo wrench what change I grab which normally includes one of the last run of Gold 1$ coins, my cell.

By the end of the day there're various tools, receipts, notes, and all sorts of other crap in my pockets.

Mike

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-15-2010, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wallet.
Money clip with small amount of $ but mostly notes...get'n old
Lighter. Hey, never know???
Folding knife on belt. Actually in an Uncle Bucks spare mag pouch.
Side arm and cell phn on belt.
Keys are on an lanyard attached to belt hoop.
Coins stay in the trucks cupholder.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 06-15-2010, 03:52 PM
62Lemans

RR -wallet

RF - car keys

Belt loop - bronze Navy halyard ring w/keys carried since 1959.

LR - comb & magnet

LF - 45SAA Ccase since 1988 shooting, coins, 3"pocket knife and FN clippers.

Oh yes all pockets - lint.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Keys in right front
Pockey knife(Buck, 3 blade) in Left front
Wallet in right rear
Hankie in left rear
Cell on my belt
Glasses in my shirt pocket
I also start the day without any change( lately, I've started a lot without any folding money either!). I put all my change in jars and cash it in once every six months for car show money.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=David Jones;
I worked for a guy once that had carried the same silver dollar in his pocket for decades. It was now a simple perfectly smooth silver circle.[/QUOTE]

i mustve worked for that same guy! said he'd never be broke, if he kept it in his pocket.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All I put in my pockets are keys and a wallet in my back pocket. It would be intresting to know how much money everyone keeps in their wallet. I like to keep $60 most of the time. My grandfather, god rest his soul use to have so much money and other crap in his wallet it was over 2" thick!

Old 06-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Before I ever leave I always check for three things, in this order: keys, cell phone, wallet. I don't need anything else. Lately all of my cash has been sitting in the bank rather than my wallet so I rarely carry any cash or change.